1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oh Wow, Another Incredibly Stupid Anti-Prius Comment.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ekpolk, Sep 9, 2007.

1. ekpolk

ekpolk What could possibly...

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    OK, having been a happy Prius owner for well over a year now, I'm pretty much over the stupid comments, but this thread really got to me. I invite you to come check it out, especially "peanut gallery"'s comments. For those of you who are also ToyotaNation members, I cordially invite you to pile on too.

Enjoy: Click here for a quick trip to TN.

Or am I just being too sensitive... ;)

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    And I emplore you NOT to pile on....they'll figure out the pilers on came from here, they'll start trolling and flaming here and we'll have a mess. If some one individual would like to compose a well referenced factual non-confrontational response that carefully and factually addresses the inaccurate things there then by means go for it, but if a flame-war breaks out those from here involved in fanning those flames will find themselves in hot water here, by me.

We see this stuff all the time and responding to it is pointless and only makes us look bad, the site look bad and increases the misconceptions about the Prius.

3. ekpolk

ekpolk What could possibly...

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 9 2007, 03:01 PM) [snapback]509673[/snapback]</div>
    Point well taken. Perhaps I should have taken a few more minutes before I posted. What I REALLY meant was what you indicate in the first paragraph -- someone come help me explain why these comments make no sense. My initial attempt on TN was a little "zesty" and perhaps a more restrained version would make the point more effectively than I did.

EDIT: As to the last, I respectfully disagree. Sure, if the comment is mere trollery, then it makes perfect sense to ignore it. But I do think that it's important to engage the misconceptions about hybrids with the goal of ensuring that the good information ultimately overcomes the bad.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sure, I don't mind a single effort and maybe a follow up with someone who's just honestly misinformed, but someone who's a hater is a hater and won't be convinced by facts or anything else.

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    there is a reason i stick to TN for the 2g camry forums/part-out forums only. same with CL- i'm on the ES forum, that's it. PC is the only forum where i have gotten involved in the community-at-large.

there are still a lot of immature people out there. and those folks aren't interested in facts. don't let yourself get all bothered about it, it's not worth the time. seriously.

6. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Some people will stick to their misconceptions no matter what you say. Let it go and spend your time talking to people who really DO want the straight scoop.

7. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Sep 9 2007, 04:16 PM) [snapback]509678[/snapback]</div>
    You should try the LOC. ;)

Evan's absolutely right by the way. Just ingore those people, engaging them is just going to drag them back here and make for a very nasty situation. Thats years of experience running car internet forums talking.

Report him to TN's administration, he should join the banned. He's absolutely a troll, and he's being abusive, rude, and combative. That will be more worthwhile than engaging him.

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm... my mistake then lol. I've already added two posts >.<. Yeah ekpolk, it's obvious he's trying to stir things. Why don't we just ignore him when he replies?

galaxee, another CLer lol. I'm usually in Car Chat and sometimes in the ES350 forum. (under a different screen name though cause Tideland Prius doesn't quite work in a dedicated Lexus forum lol).

9. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SW03ES @ Sep 9 2007, 11:11 PM) [snapback]509839[/snapback]</div>
    i'm telling you, you'll find me, my thread, and my alternate handle if you search for es250 ;)

10. kettledrum

kettledrum Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    TN, CL, LOC

What the heck do all of those stand for lol? Well, I did get TN from clicking on the link in the OP. :)

11. pottedmeat

pottedmeat New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ekpolk @ Sep 9 2007, 03:50 PM) [snapback]509667[/snapback]</div>
    That thread's hilarious.

The Prius is inefficient because it's too heavy?
    The Prius is inexpensive because it doesn't have any OPTIONS?! I guess the TALKING COMPUTER in the dash is too old school for the bleedin' edge crew.
    The Prius a terrible car because it DOESN'T FLOAT IN WATER?! Seriously? This is what bothers people?!

This is the best they can do?

Sure, I could go buy a hydrogen cell BMW 7-series! Base for a 750i is $75,800, and I'm sure all this hydrogen business doesn't discount the price any. I could also light my Cuban cigars with $100 bills if I wanted to... after all, what fun is buying a fuel-efficient car if I can't spend more than most people make in a year.

Or maybe I can get a diesel? That sounds like a great deal! Except.... I LIVE IN AMERICA. The cheap, easily purchased diesel doesn't exist here yet. Maybe I can pick up that nice MB E320 Bluetec for a mere $52,675 base. All I have to do is sell a few major organs.... anyone need a spare kidney? Slightly used?

Until you can show me a midsize sedan that seats 5 comfortably, has an abundance of cargo space, has enough power to go 75 mph on the highway when I need it to, costs less than Joan River's last 5 facelifts, realistically gets 46 mpg, and ISN'T a Prius, get back to me.

Until then, I'm gonna go talk to the computer in my car.

12. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kettledrum @ Sep 10 2007, 09:48 AM) [snapback]510098[/snapback]</div>
    ToyotaNation

ClubLexus

no idea what LOC stands for

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pottedmeat @ Sep 10 2007, 11:52 AM) [snapback]510165[/snapback]</div>

Yeah.. so tempted to reply but I said I wouldn't feed the flame (cause it's obvious he wants to pick a fight) so I won't reply. I told EchoHoLik as well to ignore him.

13. Vebev

Vebev Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm not sure why peanut gallery is comparing the Prius to a sports car. What are skidpad numbers and why would I care? 0-60 numbers? Not even a consideration.

14. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pottedmeat @ Sep 10 2007, 11:52 AM) [snapback]510165[/snapback]</div>
    Don't forget... it must float, too.

15. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    LOC=Lexus Owners Club. Similar to CL but smaller and the members tend to have less interest in modifying their cars. www.lexusownersclub.com. CL's now owned by InternetBrands so I guess you can say we're the biggest enthusiast owned club on the net lol

Galaxee, I remember when you joined I just haven't seen you around much ;)

16. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pottedmeat @ Sep 10 2007, 02:52 PM) [snapback]510165[/snapback]</div>
    And what you just mentioned is exactly why I bought mine.
    Seats 5 comfortably
    has reasonable cargo space,
    isnt incredibly slow (ever drive a small Kia)
    and is capable of 50 mpg with little effort

17. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pottedmeat @ Sep 10 2007, 02:52 PM) [snapback]510165[/snapback]</div>
    And what you just mentioned is exactly why I bought mine.
    Seats 5 comfortably
    has reasonable cargo space,
    isnt incredibly slow (ever drive a small Kia)
    and is capable of 50 mpg with little effort

18. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vebev @ Sep 10 2007, 02:36 PM) [snapback]510256[/snapback]</div>
    Does the name say it all?

s/he goes on about his/her (how many year old) car having aluminium.. I guess s/he must be a spoiled brat (or some person who sadly lives off old luxury cars to pad his/her ego).

19. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Seems pretty obvious to me that Penut Gallery is that dumb kid that made the UTube videos saying how much better a Yaris is than a Prius because it weighs less.

Oh, and stay out of the water. You never know when a Prius could crash into the water and kill everyone in the water.

20. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Fish, NoMo.. it's fish not people lol

j/k.