1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oil Changes in SC

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by ebgwd, Dec 13, 2009.

1. ebgwd

ebgwd New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Is it a local thing or are all the Toyota service departments NOT listing what kind of oil they put in the cars? My invoice says Toyo oil and filter. I have not idea if it was 0w20 synthetic or 5w20 mineral that they used. They did put a sticker on the windshield that said return in 3 months or 3k miles for another oil change. Sticker would indicate that they used their "house brand" generic mineral oil rather than the synthetic that is recommended in the owners manual.
    :attention:
    My dealer service department apparently does not read or either does not care and thinks I am a stupid lazy consumer that does not care what is put into a new Prius.

Where do you guys take your Prius for oil changes and what oil do you or they use? Kind/weight/service interval

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I think you are close to spot on there. Even up here in AK, they are suggesting the 5k/6mo OCI. Just had mine changed last week. They specified on the work order "0W-20". They told me they use Mobile 1.

3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My dealer service report indicated 0W20 oil used and I was told beforehand that the technicians were well aware of the 2010 Prius requirments. The sticker they put in the window indicated the next OCI at 10K, I just completed 5K service, and this agrees with Toyota's recommendations.