1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oil droplets on backside of engine block?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by 2009Prius, Oct 30, 2010.

1. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I dug up the pump to suck out about 1/2 qt. of oil. Now the level is 6~7 mm below the "full" dimple. Oil analysis shows the dealer oil seems OK:
    [​IMG]

I suppose the Toyota FIPG contains silicone?

Attached Files:

2. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Just found the engine coolant level at the "low" mark. :mad: I thought when I checked after picking up the car it was full but can't be 100% sure. :( There is no coolant on the ground. I will bring it in tomorrow. There was coolant spill marks on one of the hoses as shown in a photo above. Maybe the tech did not refill or didn't secure all the hoses. We will see.

Update: the service writer thought it was just air bubble got worked out of the system (you wonder why they didn't bleed it correctly at the first place when they burned 0.6 gallon worth of fuel) and asked one of the young guys to fill the reservoir. It came in an open container with a spout, similar to a watering can used in the garden. I asked the young guy if it was SLLC, not LLC. He said yes. I hope he knew what he was talking about. I turned the heat on to High (temperature) and the fan to the third from "Lo" to circulate the coolant on the way from the dealer to work. The level dropped a little when I arrived at work. I will keep an eye on it.