1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oil Filter - FRAM

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by N3FOL, Dec 20, 2007.

1. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Since I intend to keep the car as long as I can, I think I am sold for an OEM filter. :D Thanks for directing me to the site that sells 10 oil filters for 39.90 - free shipping. The oil plug gasket is 0.88 cents, so I may order ten of those as well.

After x-mas, I'll make a short phone call to the parts dept. at our local Toyota dealer shop and find out how much an oil filter cost.

Merry Christmas to all.

2. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My local Toyota parts dept. usually has them on sale for $3.99.

3. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I use the OEM filters and drain plug gasket on all my cars. I buy the filters 6 at a time along with the washers and usually get a pretty good price that way. Then no worries re quality, fit, etc.

4. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You are lucky to have a dealership parts departments for that low price. My local dealership sells (1) Toyota filter for $6.75 :rolleyes:. I'd rather get them online or settle for a Purolator filter that is more superior than a FRAM.