1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oil Mtce warning

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by davidj08, Feb 16, 2015.

1. davidj08

davidj08 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sis-in-law has 2010 w/nav system. She bought vehicle from dealer as used vehicle. She's owned car for 11 months and has put on only 4000 mi in that time. Change oil soon warning started appearing about two weeks ago. Now that has changed to change oil now and msg stays on. My question is: does the oil mtce warning system operate by both miles and time? By that I mean, if she's only put on 4000 mi, then it's premature, with respect to miles traveled, for the change oil warning to appear. However, assuming dealer changed oil before car was sold, it's been roughly a year and would that length of time alone, generate change oil warning?

2. IMkenNY

IMkenNY Im just being nosy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    She may have two maintenance reminders because she has the nav system. The non nav Gen3 will turn on a dash maintenance required light every 5,000 miles even though the recommended oil change interval is 10,000 miles.

If the nav is similar to the nav in my wifes highlander it has several additional maintenance reminders that are user programmable for mileage and time i.e. oil, tires, filters, tire rotations that come up on the nav screen as I recall.

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    That message appears every 5000 miles. It won't go away until it is reset. You can get it out of your face temporarily by advancing to the next screen.

4. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You can reset the message by first being on the Trip A screen, power off, press and hold the MPH/KPH button and hit the Power button. Once the screen shows 100% complete release the MPH/KPH button.