1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OK, All Prius-heads from Lawn Guyland raise your hands!

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by aarons12, Jun 18, 2004.

1. billyb

billyb New Member

Verizon V710 Bluetooth

Hi Frank and AAron
    So far I'm disappointed with the VA710. :cry: :cry: :cry: Maybe it's me but it was very difficult to get the Prius and V710 connected to see each other. I finally succeeded and was able to make and recieve calls through the Nav. However I cannot get any numbers into the Prius Phone Book storage. I have not found a way to transfer the phonebook from the V710 to the Prius Phonebook,. Also when a call comes in there is no sound to tell you of an Incoming call. There is just a message on the Prius display screen "incoming call" So if your eyes are on the road as they should be, you will miss the call. That SUCKS :x :x . You would think the Nav lady would announce ' Incoming call. I can't believe that Motorola hasn't tested this phone with the Prius. I'm not giving up yet . I'll call Motorola over the weekend.. Other than that the phone works fine by itself. But I bought it to work handsfree in the Prius !! If I must manually enter all my numbers to be called and I have no way of knowing when an Incoming call comes in then I'm afraid it's going back to radio shack. Any ideas out there from you smart Prius guys and gals ?? Yes I also would like to meet some time and share stories
    Bill

2. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

i am a tre0-aholic. been stretching out the useful life of my treo300 in hopes that the treo 610 or ace or whatever WITH bluetooth is not far away... i would like to have the phone/car link but my email and web stuff on the treo is more important to me.

3. billyb

billyb New Member

verizon 710

Hi Franki and all Longisladers
    I'm still waiting to get replies from Toyota and Motorola as to why I'm having trouble getting the phone book from the V710 transferred to the Prius Phone book. Maybe it's me :oops: :oops: because I read that another pruis owner said the installation was flawless. Also the Nav lady does not let you know there is an Incoming Call. Not giving up yet. If anyone on LI who is talented with working with phones and computers would like to help, I would certainly like to meet with you at a convenient place. Any LI takers ??

4. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

sorry, i'm good with computers but have never used bluetooth... my buick had onstar... push a button and say 'call home'

5. billyb

billyb New Member

Hi LI guys gals
    A meeting would be fun. By the way Franki my verizon V710 phone works well with the Prius. Just 2 problems which Motorola is working on for a september fix.
    1. You cannot transfer the V710 phonebook to the Prius
    2. While "Incoming Call" is displayed on the screen, there is no audible sound alert to call it to your attention. The ringer in the V710 is disabled when bluetooth connected to the Prius. I think they will fix this also. Outside of these 2 things the phone is very nice and I would reccommend it.
    billyb

6. shocker

shocker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I went to Riverhead Toyota to have my 40D taken care of and as stated by petersprius on the forum earlier they did an awesome job. No problems and it took 1.5 hours. Picked up some touch up paint while I was there.

7. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Hello LI Priusers, I'm new in this LI forum; located in W Babylon and I can be seen by the SS Pkwy every day. Enyoing a lot my 2004 silver streak. See ya on the road!!!! :)