1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OK I Finally bought a prius bye bye vw

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by spankymcbeaverson, Jan 29, 2019.

1. spankymcbeaverson

spankymcbeaverson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Bought a prius to get away from VW. unreliable plastic engine pieces, who makes a thermostat housing out of plastic? what a joke, ever heard of metal vw?
    109k miles on a 2005- I think I own the lowest mile 2005 prius in existance.
    first year in, new 12v battery new hv battery in 2018, no help from the dealer on a new battery, Greico Toyota are bums. not a cent towards a battery 6 months into buying the car from them. sad really. lost a customer..
    I think I ruined the battery by running the AC while eating lunch in the car every day for 2 months this summer. I watched it drain to nothing over and over not even thinking about it., I bought a sun shade for it and probably wont do that anymore, it is 13 years old.

I should be turned off by now from this car. but it has the highest reliability rating from 2012-2005 at carcomplaints website

So I decided to get the ultra best filters for it and give it a run for the money
    im at 121k now, and ive had to modify the driver seat with a cushion to make it more comfy, yes sad..
    Seeing some research on oil filter i am switching to royal purple that filters down to 25 micros, where mobil 1 filters only get 33 micros..
    Link:

also the highest rated air filter I could find is wix at 99.9% filtration vs 99.5 for Pure One by Purolator
    Link:

Also got new 195 60 15's off of ebay for a steal when I first bought the car cause the handling was attrocious with 185 65 15's
    I use toyos only and forever, as theyve saved me from doom so many times driving and handle very nicely
    only $220 for a legendarily awesome new set of Toyo Extensa tires.

also getting into seat heaters in hopes that it will make this care more comfy. from amazon
    arriving friday.

whats keeping me from trading in, is the unreliability of new cars. its crazy. i looked at a crv last week, and I go online and theres all these nightmares from brand new crvs-not buying. I dont trust car companies or dealers. theyre evil. I refuese to bring my prius to toyota to get the free oil changes, I do it myself and put in 20k mile Mobil 1 premium synthetic, they would just put in their whatever it is. They suck. Hybrid Cars Inc in Boston put the new battery in for me also did plugs, tranny fluid and breaks for me.

hybrid cars inc ten thousand times better than the dealer.

#1 spankymcbeaverson, Jan 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    bisco likes this.
  2. spankymcbeaverson

spankymcbeaverson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    700 to install refurb hybrid battery at hybrid cars inc stoughton ma

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    nice write up, and thanks for the tip on hybrid cars inc.

all the best!(y)