1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ok, I need to know the real deal...I ran out of gas

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Eco-chic, Mar 30, 2008.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    In town, I only carry it when the tank is getting low. On the road, it isn't in the car long enough to worry.

The new tanks are completely sealed so as long as they don't have any spilled gas on the outside and the caps are on tight, there is no problem. Just keep them in the shade or out of direct sunlight and there should be no problem.

Bob Wilson

2. arntz

arntz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Please don't get up patsparks bragging about no bladder and rear disk brakes. we do pay a huge premium for our amazing machines in Aus. 37 to 46 plus on road costs is a lot more than Americans pay, and our government bodies, while subsidising gas conversions to the tune of $2000, don't give any incentives to purchase hybrids at all. My only regret is that Toyota didn't put a guaranteed 1000 km tank size in this car. PS: I'd get rid of the bladder if I could.

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not bragging, it all goes back to a comment by MacT66 about how I can't comment about anything because my car hasn't got a bladder in the fuel tank, (and neither has yours). I was just pointing out other differences between my Prius and the Noth American Prius. I'm guessing I can't comment on anything because of these things too.

A well sealed jerry can will fit laying on its side in the compartment under the rear floor, in fact 2 will fit. I just bought 2 home.

drydaveh, seeya.