1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OK, I'm convinced! Climate Change IS a hoax!

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by Stev0, Jul 14, 2011.

1. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    He makes detailed predictions months out.
    You dont know what you are talking about.

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd love to see mojo present his argument on realclimate.org. :)

3. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    It is not correct that I am fixated on an apparent 800-year time lag, or any other interval. I was trying to help mojo to refine his thinking, so that he could ask reasonable questions of Richard Alley, or other glaciologists, or for that matter internet discussion groups.

I have also mentioned other factors that may be important in connection with those. Those were possible variation in the strata where CO2 bubbles and paleotemperature proxies get stored in ice, mixing and thermal inertia of oceans, and variatins in continental dust flux that stimualtes C sequestration in oceans.

I suppose that any serious effort to understand the significance of an apparent 800-year lag would refer to those processes. Perhaps others as well. In other words, I have not done all the work. Gave you a good start though.

But if mojo has no particular interest in discussing the matter with scientists in the field, I'm cool with that too. Drive by, try to poke a few holes, and drive off? Why not?

Piers Corbyn = move the discussion back to your comfort zone. Just a personal observation you understand.

4. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Does this include the earthquakes and volcanoes linked to sunspots and coronal mass ejections?

5. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    He predicted a 2 year heightened period of volcanic/ seismic starting about 6 months ago.
    Hes been giving few week advance heightened warnings of specific 3-4 day windows for about the last 5-6 months.
    Hes always been correct.
    He predicted the period of Fukushima and has predicted dozens of active periods where recent volcanic and earthquake events have occurred.

6. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Sumpin' just popped up, and I couldn't decide whether to start a new thread or add further tangents to this one.

Historical temperature observations have great scientific value, but apparently most of them still only exist on paper and are fading fast. You can read about several major efforts here:

Inter Research » CR » v47 » n1-2 » p29-40

and download the paper for free :)

One little quote so you can get a sense of the work:
    "The digitisation process, however, has to be carefully
    done, as it is vital to digitise the exact values reported
    in the original source, even when obvious errors can
    be detected at this stage. The original digitised data,
    therefore, have to be archived exactly as they are
    shown in the original source."

Another effort which I don't recall seeing discussed at PriusChat is here:

Old Weather - Our Weather's Past, the Climate's Future

It is a 'citizen science' effort, so anybody who seriously wants to assist in 'getting it right' could do so.

7. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    He should be, with windows that wide:
    I'm interested in any CME predictions themselves, but have no use for a 3-4 day window for tectonic activity resulting from them.

8. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    there could be many reasons for 800-year CO2 delay in ice cores, and this has been voiced on many occasions. CO2 is not the only green gas in atmosphere, for all we know when the cooling starts there could have been plenty CH4 released from permafrost.

Methane is 70times more potent green gas, it is almost x2 lighter then air so it would not be proportionally captured in ice cores at the bottom of troposphere. Even if CH4 is captured in ice, it will oxygenate and we will see it in form of CO2.

Also how long it takes for oceans to cool down and sink atmospheric CO2?

Since the data from Vostok ice cores are the keystone of mojo's revelations, below is the graph.. You can see the temp max/CO2 delay, and also see that CH4 max precedes CO2 and looks in sync with temp max.
    [​IMG]

by any means there is no attempt to discard data, I find this very fascinating as it provides an insight in planetary climate regulation systems. It looks like the transitional states from cooling->warming and from warming->cooling had been not studied sufficiently. Too bad b/c they will help us to understand the limits.

9. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Its not a wide window, its a geological 2 year event.Something spawned by the solar minimum.
    Part of the real mechanism of climate change unknown to climatologists or Alley.

10. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The idea that tectonics are influenced by solar events seems quite absurd to me. What's his proposed mechanism for this interaction? We have good records of solar events and tectonic activity in the past so it seems like we should at least be able to correlate the two.

11. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Tripp! My bagpipe brotha. Where have you been?

12. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  13. vinnie97

vinnie97 Whatever Works

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
  14. bigcwill

bigcwill Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Remember, when we didn't let facts get in the way of our agendas and kept getting our government grants renewed to do "science" if we kept telling people the sky was falling?

Turns out the the real problem was all the government debt we were creating to "study" fake problems.

15. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Why are these links always referring to something Spencer says and authored by lobbying/think tank organizations with an agenda like the Heartland Institue? Spin sucks. Guess we'll have to go searching for the real data and scientific explanations.

2 people like this.
  16. Corwyn

Corwyn Energy Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Huh?
    National Science Foundation Budget (2010): 6.87 billion
    US Public Debt: 14.46 trillion
    Years it would take to reach that level: 2104 years.
    Maybe not.

2008 Gift to bankers: 700 Billion (100 YEARS of scientific research).
    Cost of wars since 2001: 1.2 Trillion (174 YEARS of scientific research).

5 people like this.
  17. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm convinced some of these guys don't know a single scientist and therefore either fear the unknown of feel inferior so they feel they must target scientists with their political crap.

Then again, global warming is just a U.S. political issue. :rolleyes:

18. MichaelTJones

MichaelTJones New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Climate change and Man made climate change are two different things.
    The earth's climate is always changing and it has large hundred thousand year old cycles and smaller sub-cycles, a big influence being the Sun.

When it comes to Man made climate change, the influence the general public has on the climate is so minute, that saying people influence climate by which car they drive is like saying you can dig to the other side of the planet with a plastic spoon.

Many industries have quite a bad influence but they're not the one paying for it, the general public is. And we're the one paying the environmental cost too.

It is smart to separate the "We" into general public and industry factors when talking about this. The industry is the one responsible for the Massive North Atlantic Garbage Patch among other things.

19. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Cool. You've given us an opinion but do your have any science to back it or is this just something you came up with after reading tabloids? :)

20. Corwyn

Corwyn Energy Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Can you name a single industry for which there are no customers or users among the general public? If you buy their stuff, you are CAUSING the environmental cost that they produce. If you vote for the politicians that buy their stuff, you are CAUSING the environmental cost that they produce. Sorry, no out for guilty consciences.