1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ok, now I'm excited!!! :-)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sandpiper, Jan 8, 2004.

1. :wave:
    I got the Silver!! FYI, was a trac car, has just under 500 miles on it, and purchased it for $500 under MSRP. Just drove it home about 5 minutes ago. Imagine that! I actually had a choice in the color!! Silver or Gold. They both looked great but Silver It Is!!
    :lol:

2. As all here know, this is the most delightful & fun to drive car I have ever had. I waited since November 10th and took delivery Jan 19th. Yes, it was their Trac car. But only 500 miles and still looks and smells new. Plus, they knocked $500 off the price. Just an FYI, as with all Toyota dealers, mine on the East side of Indy, has no idea how many or when more will be coming in. This dealer has 27 on the waiting list. I was at #9 when they called me. It seems the first 8 people gave a thumbs down to getting the "already driven a bit" Trac car. But I have no problem with it whatsoever. If you are still waiting, don't give up. The wait REALLY is worth it. Don't settle for less than the Prius!

3. tag

tag Senior Member

First of all, Congratulations!

Secondly, it's hard to believe 8 people turned down the car because of the mileage given the wait for these cars and the fact that they knocked, effectively, a buck a mile off the price.

I mean, such a deal; both the price and the probability that those (minor but annoying) first few hundred mile issues would have been resolved prior to getting the car!

4. Yes, I agree Tag. But that's what the dealer told me...that the others had said no to the trac car. But I have to wonder if he contacted all of the 8 in front of me. I had "popped in" to see the dealer this past Saturday. He had not seen nor heard from me since Nov 10th when I put my name on the list. So this past Saturday, I visited to inform him of my flexibilty on color and equipment. That was it! Then 48 hours I got the call! Maybe the squeaking wheel SOMETIMES does get the oil. Yet I only squeaked once. P.S. I enjoy reading your postings, Tag. Best wishes!

5. tag

tag Senior Member

Thanks! I think you're on to something. I am now seriously considering a "pop in" approach! :wink:

6. Maybe we need a new topic called "THE ART OF POPPING IN!"