1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ok to drive if HV Battery is dead?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by JamesT, Jul 28, 2014.

1. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I would tell them to just replace the battery and that's all you can afford. I would absolutely not let them replace the ECU.

2. JamesT

JamesT Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Why would you "absolutely not let them replace the ECU"? Is there some problem with the new ones? Its all done now anyway, I just wanted my car back.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats!(y)

4. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Because its very likely not bad. Dealers love to take people for a ride while excising cash out of their wallet. The chances of the ECU going bad is very small.

5. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you James. On another note, what is your opinion of Fred Haas Toyota? I am guessing you went to the location in Spring. If that is not correct, please clarify.

Would you be so kind as to add the address to your post? That way those in the Houston area have a good resource and a great understanding of exactly what it cost's and exactly where the work was done.

If you are interested in meeting one another, that can be arranged. I live on the north side off of I-45 North and Canino Rd.

Let us know how the new battery works out for you and if you see a uptick in your overall MPG since the new battery was installed.

Ron (dorunron)