1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ok, who's the idiot? :)

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by The Tramp, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I wonder?
    Why was the camera there?
    Was it fake or was it CCTV?
    One would have thought he saw the 2 boom gates.

3. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    its fake and its in holland

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ok first of all why did he stop!

Second this must be that tardo's theme song!

Wildkow

5. patsparks

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    He didn't stop, he was making a sharp turn through boom gates.
    Might well be fake. I suspect it is 2 videos combined.

Wow, that guy at the end of the live till I die video.

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Why do you think a Prius owner would be any less stupid than anybody else? Anybody, smart or stupid, might buy a fuel-efficient car.

Plenty of people drive over the speed limit every day. The difference is this woman apparently didn't know about the cameras. It said she was living temporarily in the state, at her parents' house. Put those cameras on every road and freeway and half the country would be in jail.

7. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    How do you know it is fake?

Tom

8. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    From a post-production film/video professional (me): It would be relatively easy to fake that video.

Let's take it at face value that there's a security camera at this crossing, in an unusually low-to-ground position, and always recording. People do drive around the gates, so you don't even have to have a cooperative driver to fake it. Just take one segment of a car crossing without such a close call, and one segment of a train whizzing by. Do a small amount of rotoscoping (trim the car out of its footage by hand), shift the timing a little, and ZOOM! the train barely misses the car.

Somewhat curious to me is that the train doesn't seem to slam on the brakes.

It would be easier to tell the fake/non-fake status from a full frame-rate, full scale version. I don't think the frame-rate is low because of the camera, I think it's the compression to put it online that did that.

That said, I don't see why it should be fake, because there are plenty of morons driving around. Set up a camera anywhere for long enough and you'll probably catch something stupid!

9. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ichabod

Go on youtube and type in "train" and "close call" and you'll see that there are a bunch of video's from camera's in that position. Just be prepared to see some that weren't close calls. I got a little misty eyed over the Train v Cow vid. :Cry:

patsparks

I think the one your talking about is the lawyer hiding behind a tree while the other guy was taking pot shots at him. Anyway it was a 6 shot .38 cal revolver but the lawyer only dodged a couple of the bullets and still survived! :eek: The guys only walks off cause he was out of bullets, so causal too it was freaky, a security guard or a bystander tackles him a minute later.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFqs-NT5S6k&feature=related[/ame]

Wildkow

p.s. Wow it sure looks like he stops for just a second on the tracks to me.

10. patsparks

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The one right at the end, looks like a microphone stand fell over. I don't want to give it away.

11. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Like I said, I don't really see a reason to fake something like that because I'm sure stupid stuff like that happens every day.

So I guess my point was, it could have been faked, but why waste your time faking it when you can just tape the real thing?

I took an interest in this specifically because I'm working on a short animated film that involves a train accident. I don't really want to watch train wrecks though... there are some things you just can't un-see, and your mention of a cow sounds like one of those. Fortunately for all of us, it's not a "train-vs.-Kow" vid. ;)

12. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    look add the shadows
    the train when its passing is compleet sunlide on the nose but the prius on that same side ( the right side you see ) is dark in shadows
    like Ichabod talks about it 2 video's combined to one!

yes and trains in the netherlands dont use that kind of american horns