1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Okada Projects Plasma Direct Coils

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by AzusaPrius, Mar 18, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    AZ, so why don't you team up with Jimmy Neutron and develop some real life data?

The vast majority of stuff you come here hawking and slobbering over and begging people to buy with your "discount code" is junk that a high school kid would buy thinking it's hot rod material, then would put stickers on the car to show off what he thinks is an impressive "upgrade" . There are multiple people here with real life experience and a life time of working experience on cars that know better. Please, Please show me real data, not fabricated or imaginary, that proves how good these coils are and how much super horsepower and MPG improvement they're going to provide. I won't be holding my breath....

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That seems to be the kind of situation CARB uses this application form for.

But if I am reading the form correctly, the result of a granted application would be a new executive order. (Which kind of makes sense; without that, how would a prospective customer be able to independently verify that the later application was approved?)

fuzzy1 likes this.
  3. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Well, since we don't know the gains or losses just yet, we shouldn't speculate on much.

I'd like to think that if a company is selling $700 anything for an engine of a Prius, they've done the research, and its proven to have positive results. Based on what I've learned on these vehicles, we are one step away from really opening them up to be greater than they have been.

For me I guess, reading the comments of skepticism or incorrect statements surrounding the Prius from various corners of the internet has me wondering why folks feel the need to shoot down anyone or a product if they haven't had hands-on experience with it. Plus seeing as how we all would love to have more power while not negatively impacting mpg, one would think folks would be supportive and open to those willing to test to confirm anything with the potential to be great for the vehicles.
    After driving a car with the quantum product, I can honestly say it made the Prius very lively, almost like pwr mode plus a little extra ump. Seeing the comments of those who think because of X, Y or Z they say its snake oil, and yet... they have no hands-on experience with it makes me question the sanity or logic of many.
    Guess, it's the internet, and its allowed folks who aren't happy in life to spew that energy into places where large numbers of people gather. One would think any attempts to make the Prius better folks would eagerly want details while being open-minded to the possibility of the potential gains versus shooting it down right away.

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I am enthusiastically in favor of all non-predatory attempts to make the Prius genuinely better.

Of predators, I've known people victimized. Doesn't seem such harmless fun after that.

5. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Translation:
    I gave them an opportunity to tell me some more lies and distortions.

But don't confuse him with facts.
    His mind is made up.......and there are no available brain cells left.

6. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If this were from a government agency in my state, it could not legally be confidential, due to our Public Records Act. While there are exceptions for personal privacy, business trade secrets, etc., this type of information doesn't qualify. It would be absolutely bizarre, even kafkaesque, to kept it secret from vehicle inspectors and potential customers.

But California is a different state, so Washington State's law doesn't apply to CARB.

Oh wait, California also a Public Records Act, pre-dating Washington's version.

Absent some description, from you or someone else or CARB itself, of a compelling reason why a CARB document relevant here would be state confidential, instead of a state public record subject to FOIA, I find it far far more likely that it is a fake, a fraud.

If is was produced by someone in Europe who has no business presence in CA or even U.S.A, it is effectively out of reach of CA's enforcment jurisdiction.

But I do wonder about legal liability of anyone in the U.S., particularly in CA, who might be involved in using or marketing a non-CARB-compliant device into CA. This would include anyone receiving any from of compensation for, say, steering customers to it via an influencer-specific discount code.

#66 fuzzy1, Mar 25, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  7. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It was confidential in the fact that it had extra information, like all owners names and other sensitive info on it, so besides what the public can see for free, there was that other info that is not posted on the CARB website.

This company never dodged any questions I have asked and the fact they supplied me with that info means they have nothing to hide.

I am guessing they are a UK based third party affiliate as the production and design comes from Japan.

You can look up info on hardcopies from the CARB website if you dont think there is a difference in information.

Fuzzy1, you are still here hanging around talking nonsense simply because you dont want them to be a legit product and maybe because they are out of your range if known to be legit.

Thats why I try to get deals for us so that maybe you can buy them and save cash.

Limey Geoff likes this.
  8. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Thats why I try to get deals for us so that maybe you can buy them and save cash.

Yes, buy something that is effectively useless that is normally $700 but you can save 10%. Somehow that is considered saving cash?

9. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So you are assuming all this right jwap?

I mean, you dont have these in your car to actually even give two cents on if they are legit...

You and fuzzy bear should join a club together, maybe take sam the spade with you guys. You will make a nice treo.

10. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Then edit out the confidential extra stuff, and show or link the government CARB stuff that we haven't already linked for you.

I.e. "pictures, or it didn't happen". Or in this case, show us the evidence, or it doesn't exist.
    You remain quite unable or unwilling to meaningfully or believably document a benefit, or to document that they are legitimate. Even sloppy critics of this device have put up better evidence than you or the seller have.
    Snake oil at a 10% discount, is still snake oil. Declining it saves 100%.

11. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    So you are assuming all this right jwap?
    There's nothing to assume. I'm speaking from 40 years experience working with ICEs of various levels of performance and the fact that I understand how they work. I've used a hundred different ignition systems, single spark, multiple spark, single and multiple plug, and understand when various types are useful and not useful. Unlike you, my education isn't just from reading propaganda.

I mean, you dont have these in your car to actually even give two cents on if they are legit...
    You are absolutely correct because I'm not an idiot, see above statement. We're talking about a Toyota Prius. There is no "coil" or "spark plug" that is going to provide any significant daily use performance improvement over properly performing OEM equipment.
    Apparently, you don't have them either, didn't you state you're trying to save enough money so you can purchase this "upgrade"?
    So, like usual, you're pretty much blowing smoke up everyones (_!_)

You and fuzzy bear should join a club together, maybe take sam the spade with you guys. You will make a nice treo
    What the f is a "treo"?

12. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Goodness gracious, I haven't thought about a treo in the longest time.

[​IMG]

13. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    It means nothing of the sort.
    I guess it really is true........that you can't fix stupid.

14. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Alright there we have it, the three stooges have come together and only want OEM stuff installed in their cars.

Remember kids, no one is forcing you to buy anything, save your money for ice cream.

Now run along and go watch your favorite cartoons kids...

Jwap, fuzzy and spade earn the 2023 Troll award, since they seriously have no life and it shows why they dont clearly here.

#74 AzusaPrius, Mar 26, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
    black_jmyntrn likes this.
  15. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I clearly all the time, but I'd never do it here.

16. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    you know... they don't call it the wild wild west for no reason and... I am using a non-carb-compliant device in CA! Define marketing?
    Toyota Prius Catalytic Converter Replacement
    and I'm still standing here saying **** the free world!
    You know, this pansy energy throwing around legal jargon in an attempt to sound knowledgable because you don't wouldn't modifyy your car with the part... doesn't phase some of us. In the pursuit of happiness, why not stay quiet versus spewing your nasty load all over the place?

17. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Treo, is a dog...you would make better dogs than humans.

18. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ok, maybe it wasn't the slickest phone by modern standards, but I don't think I'd have called it a dog.

19. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Coming from someone who has now more fully revealed his character, full of distraction, deflection, and deception while defending his role in defrauding potential unwary customers, I take this as an honor. Thank You!

20. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yea I dont think Im deflecting, defrauding or distracting anyone with this.

In post #1 I am asking for input, I should have said no negative input especially if its just trolls roaming around.

In post #5 I mention someone who actually has these and has been using them since 2017, so you can feel free to hit him up with any other questions regarding them being fake or real.

All I did was post about them and a discount on them I managed to work out for all of us here.

I also questioned them on the CARB compliance for the said part.

I want the coils for my car and am curious of how good they are, but I am not trolling around accusing companies or anyone of being a scammer or thief without merit.

I can not show you the PDF because they told me not to.

You want to pay me directly for email screenshots you can, I have zelle and paypal if you want to proceed with payment for that message me directly.

You are just a true to life internet troll.
    You have nothing better to do than post garbage replies and you never have any good input on anything, all that can be verified by looking at your posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.