1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OKC and Albuquerque motels with L2 charging

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bwilson4web, Dec 10, 2022.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I am planning a trip at the end of the year to visit my brothers in Arizona. I have a SuperCharger route mapped out but would like to find an affordable motel with overnight L2 charging in:
    • Oklahoma City near East-West I40 - a place to sleep and get an overnight charge
    • Albuquerque near East-West I40 - same as above
    Getting a good night's rest and leaving with 100% SOC will save SuperCharger fees and I'll be ready for the long driving day. I'm using PlugShare to search but thought I'd ask the community.

I have car-camped at RV parks but this time of year, not so much fun. But my ears are open.

Bob Wilson
    2019 Model 3 Standard Range Plus

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I vote for the New Mexico motel stop on way out there and suggest an east of Dallas motel on way home... As in plan your hotel room w/charging as goal to get to for second night and spend first day and night sleeping in your car while charging to get as many miles in pushing your limits so you can make the most of your motel rest with easy remaining drive.

As in you get your money's worth if you show up at earliest check in time, as well as leave at latest check out time! :)

#2 PriusCamper, Dec 10, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    hotels with chargers are a great idea imo. haven't seen any on the east coast unfortunately

4. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Looks like I found two candidates:
    • Avid Hotels, Yukon OK
    • Best Western, Grants Pass, NM
    A good nights sleep with a string of Superchargers along the way. Start each day with 100% charge and free breakfasts.

Bob Wilson

5. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Sounds like you've already got a plan but we used the chargepoint location at the Holiday Inn express on I-40 in ABQ (Eubank exit) last year. Gas cost at highway speeds in our Clarity was about the same so plugging in was more for the experience. Saw my first Jeep PHEV there.
    IMG_8523.jpg IMG_8524.jpg

BTW, the EA charger location in Gallup, NM is in a MUCH nicer location for food/rest than the SC location out on the western edge of town. Also, be prepared for possible I-40 shut downs due to wx/ax.

6. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Agreed. I'm packing an 'RV camping in car' kit. If the weather turns risky, I'll head South.

Bob Wilson