1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oldest Order?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by miniracer, Feb 20, 2004.

1. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The wait is almost over. My car is at Carson Toyota! I will be picking it up after work today. What a sweet moment will be when Dianne hands me the key fobs.

Jeff

2. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Grats!

Somehow though, telling your friends "I just got the FOBS to my NEW CAR" doesn't really have that ring to it.

Hmm

But, if a carjacker demands my keys, and I give him the little one from the Fob then run off while he's getting in the car, that might have it's benefits too.

3. Dianne

Dianne New Member

JEALOUSLY... when Dianne jealously hands you the key fobs! You are buying the exact match to what I want. YOu may have to chase me for them....

4. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The benefit to the Smart-Start system is that if someone tries to carjack you with the car running with the keys in your pocket, they won't get very far when they drive away.

5. Dianne

Dianne New Member

so what you are telling me is that if I have both keyfobs and I run away with them, far and fast, then you can't get your car started and you may leave it for me?! I wonder if I can outrun you. ;>

6. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have long legs, but I can't run. I don't think it would be much of a race. Anyway, you know when you are getting your car. You said a while back that one of the TRAC cars will be yours. Isn't that still the case?

7. Dianne

Dianne New Member

In my brilliance, I forgot to check my own TRAC sheet list... the tideland TRAC here is a package 8 with the N1 that I added at port... so that car will not work for me, waaaaaaaaaaaah! I wanna 9 with BC and CF and EF! :/
    Oh well ... if you are all being patient, then I can be too!
    Di

8. JB

JB Junior Member

I only have to wait one more week! Woohoo. My car is purchased and sitting in CA (i'm in houston). I'll be flying over to pick it up next weekend. So, one week from today I will be a lucky owner of a Prius. My Houston dealer still has no clue when the car i ordered from him is getting here.

9. Dauth

Dauth New Member

Just an update to my post last week. My wife and I have decided to go for it and take delivery of the BC package even though we had wanted (and ordered) the AM package. The wait has broke us down. It still won't be here until about March 12th but at least I have a date now and can stop bugging my salesman. I must admit the geek in me is looking forward to the additional toys to play with but it sure goes against my cheapskate nature. Oh well, money is only paper until you spend it.

10. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    just an update... my dealer called me back (!) with the info that my #9/BC Red may take "the full term" for delivery (120 days from Jan 12 order/deposit date), but he sounded almost encouraging that he might be able to hit that date (~mid-May) !)

of course, we're planning to be on vacation that week, so now i'll have to warn him, YES, i'll still want the car!

worse yet, imagine it arrives just before we leave, and i'll have to wait a week to get my hands on it...... me, in Hawaii, lying on the beach, thinking about my Prius, sleeping in my garage......

AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!

11. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yeah, I'm sure a bunch of us would feel really sorry for you :roll:
    :guns:

:lol:

12. mwilliams

mwilliams New Member

I placed my order & deposit in August 2003. Finally took delivery 12/31/03. Wanted nothing special: package #9, Tideland Pearl. Fortunately, the dealer had made NO promises about delivery date. Had one false alarm: in November I was told my car was ready, went to pick it up & it was a package 3. I went home very sad & Prius-less that day.

It was worth the wait. Still don't get the gas mileage I want, though.

13. vintagebob

vintagebob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I ordered mine on September 1st, 2003.
    :violin:

The rising gas prices have started to wear on my patience a bit, but I have a nice car to tide me over until mine arrives.

Toyota, please increase your allocation for Carson Toyota!

14. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    worse yet, imagine it arrives just before we leave, and i'll have to wait a week to get my hands on it...... me, in Hawaii, lying on the beach, thinking about my Prius, sleeping in my garage......

don't worry, i'll drive by the beach you're at! :wink:

15. rocketman7

rocketman7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Mine was 'ordered' in early December. Originally given a 3-4 month wait time.

Black BI.

16. jaa

jaa Junior Member

Vintage Bob.
    What color and package did you order? I'm in Gilroy and also ordered with Carson. My order date is Oct 24. I've been OK with the wait so far but I'm getting a little impatient now especially since the numbers haven't increased by the 30% and now an additional $300 to MSRP. I think Toyota sucks. Is this how they repay repeat Toyotal buyers (other car is a Toyota Dbl Cab. Pre-Runner). Toyota are you listening! I'm not as lucky as you I had to put 2 new tires on my 1992 Voyager today and not sure if it will give out before I get a Prius. Maybe we'll have to go to Honda if that happens. Does Toyota care? Bad customer relations to keep scewing with all of us. julie

17. aja2460

aja2460 Junior Member

Order placed on Ocytober 29th at Michaels Toyota in Bellevue, Wa. for a Silver BC. Was told about seventy ahead of me and about 90 days. Have had several contacts over these months, mostly initiated by me.
    Got a call today letting me know that I was at or near the top of the total list, and next in line for my color/package and should expect to have the car in the next few weeks. they volunteered news about the price increase, and that our orders were at the old price.
    Watching posts from the group has been really helpful to me when I started to have dark thoughts. We have been in this together...
    Thanks, I'll post more as progress happens.

18. vintagebob

vintagebob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  19. Dianne

Dianne New Member

Julie, the clients I have that still wait are all in Toyota's master database, the CIRC I have posted about. That $300 increase comes back to you. I too get impatient.

You know, this is the first year, ever in my decades with Toyota, and in 6 years here at Carson, that I have HAD to take vacations. I ran off for a week in December to a spa in AZ to unstress, and again last month (in early Feb) to have three days to breathe again. I am doing it again this coming weekend... taking 4 days (this Fri-Mon) while there are no more Prii coming to delegate -- I have to decompress. That's three 4 or 5 day vacations in less than 1 year. I never do this, folks. But, since this Prius THING happened, I have to for sanity's sake. What does that tell you? Anyone who knows me certainly knows what a workaholic I am. There are just some things I cannot take anymore... and this Prius pressure is horrible.

Dianne

20. Fugazi

Fugazi New Member

Ordered 26-Sept-03. Picking up tomorrow! (Eastern PA)