1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Olympic foot in mouth

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by samiam, Aug 21, 2008.

1. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My favourite olympic commentators' phrases so far:

1. Weightlifting commentator: 'This is Gregorieva from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing.'

2. Dressage commentator: 'This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother.'

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: 'I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.'

4. Boxing Analyst: 'Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious.'

5. Softball announcer: 'If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again.'

6. Basketball analyst: 'He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces.'

7. At the rowing medal ceremony: 'Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew.'

8. Soccer commentator: 'Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field.'

9. Tennis commentator: 'One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them... Oh my God, what have I just said?

What are yours?

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Tell me these aren't for real! :eek:

Tom

3. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, Sam, those are hilarious. :lol:

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  5. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Aw, now I'm completely disillusioned!
    My wife sent them to me this morning (from one of her horse chat sites), I thought they were from the 2008 games! :-(

6. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    This is my favorite.

It's video of Matt Lauer and Al Roker doing "male tandem rhythmic gymnastics".

They apparently do a bit at each olympics. There's an archive video of them doing synchronized swimming from the last one. But this year's video is a hoot.

7. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    "A brain scan revealed Andrew Caddick is not suffering from a stress fracture of the shin."

That one applies to the thread title.