1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

On a weekend test trip in a rental v.....

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Rhizzlebop, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Rhizzlebop

Rhizzlebop Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So, any more thoghts on what seat covers to look at to make the seats a bit more plush?

I'm very torn now between looking at the v5, vs a v3 and doing seat covers with memory foam or doing an actual upholstery shop upfit to do leather seats and add padding at the same time. I don't want t spend a fortune because part of me loves this car and part of me says why should I have to spend 30K on a car and THEN have to "fix" the seats.

A nice v3 might do the trick and have a shop add padding and leather inside with seat heaters for some amount, any ideas how much??

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know about the padding but I've seen numbers on PriusChat near the $1,000 range for a regular Liftback to be done in leather and with front seat heaters. Of course the price will vary depending on the quality of the leather, the design (mono, two-tone, embossing etc) and even the material (just leather, or leather/alcantara)

3. Rhizzlebop

Rhizzlebop Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Tideland, that 1000 dollar number, do you recall that being front and back seats?

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Front, back, centre console and door panels IIRC for $1,100. If you search for leather upgrades or leather install (or installation), you may be able to scrap some numbers as people always ask for the cost of installation in those threads.