1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

On My Last Nerve!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Mar 21, 2007.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Oh man Im really getting tired of this Please feel free to read the link :eek:

http://priuschat.com/index.php?act=ST&...30512&st=20

Ive thrown in the towel and asked for a replacement car when I return from my trip.. :unsure:

As of right now the computer has been replaced, and the a/c module has been replaced they have now ordered sensors and another module.. I believe they are following a proccess of elimination to find the problem. They really do not know whats wrong with the car (per my salesman)..... :( :angry: :mellow:

It will be two weeks on Monday that I have been in loaner cars Lets see Ive gotten to drive a Corrolla & the std Camry.. :rolleyes:

The dealer told me to take their loaner car, a 06 camry LE to NC for my vacation trip..

Ideas, suggestions? :mellow: :unsure:

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    First, a question... Is the loaner decently nice, or is it a real junker?

If it's decent, why not take it and put the 2000+ round trip miles on it instead of on something you own? The dealer knows how far a drive it is, and if they said to take it, why complain?

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You buy a new car you're excited about and find it's defective and they can't get it repaired and you're wondering "why complain"....I'd be livid, chewing someone's nice person...no, EVERYONE's nice person looking to get my new car back with perks or a complete replacement...that's why I'd complain.

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    I love CA lemon laws B)

5. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hill @ Mar 21 2007, 11:32 AM) [snapback]409527[/snapback]</div>
    Actually hill has a point. Have you checked out your Florida lemon laws? http://myfloridalegal.com/85256CC5006DFCC3...ght=2.lemon.law

If the vehicle has been back to the service agent for repair of the same recurring problem at least three times, the consumer gives written notification by certified, registered or express mail, to the manufacturer (not the dealer) to afford a final opportunity to repair the vehicle.i]

6. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Mar 21 2007, 02:15 PM) [snapback]409659[/snapback]</div>

Thanks Scott, yeah I have only gotten to drive the car 100 miles from and too the dealership the rest of the time we've been in loaner cars... The service dept has not been able to find the cause of electrical problem in the dash.

And yes the dealer said I could take the loaner to NC, we had planed on driving the Hybrid, but now we will just be driving the non-hybrid camry...

Its nice too its the loaded 4cyl model, but it just doesn't get the mileage or the green.... :(

My Salesman said he would contact the GM of the dealership if the car can not be fixed and see about exchanging it for the other on the lot.. If that happens man what service if not? well I'll cross that bridge when I get back. on this coming monday...... :mellow:

7. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Oh man, I'd be just as livid. But from your description it sounds like you're well on your way to getting "lemon" protection and a new car. "Process of elimination" to fix a new car problem sounds pretty weak. Good luck!

8. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    eek. sounding like an inverter problem.

ya know, if you're coming up this way, you could take YOUR car, stop by and get a second opinion :p he'd love to see it.

seriously, wonder why the dealer isn't offering to buy it back. go in and don't ask, tell them they're buying your current car back and giving you another hycam. go to the sales manager, directly. skip everyone else along the way.

otherwise, lemon law should pick up the car after 30 days of the car being out of service.

sorry you're having such trouble, man. :(

9. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Too bad you gave up your Prius. At least it worked.

Dump the lemon. Lean on them to make good.

10. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hycam

That’s sucks! Get another one don't fool around stay firm. If not, better get the extended warranty and make the dealer promise in writing to give you loaner cars for any service related problem. I wouldn't take efusco's advice about getting livid, be polite honey catches more flies than vinegar. I thought he was supposed to be the reasonable one on this board! :p Outrage typical reaction of the lefties, stuff happens that's the way life goes. Deal with it.

Wildkow

11. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Mar 22 2007, 02:22 AM) [snapback]410040[/snapback]</div>
    Glad to see you don't restrict your distortion and out of context statements to just Fred's.... I didn't advise 'getting livid'....livid is an emotion and I suggested that was an emotion I'd be feeling. Whether I chose to display that emotion outwardly was not mentioned in my post nor was I suggesting that Hycam choose that particular emotion.
    But yea, I would probably be chewing someone's nice person if my 2 weeks of patience waiting for the thing to be fixed at 2 different dealers wasn't working.

12. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Mar 22 2007, 03:22 AM) [snapback]410040[/snapback]</div>
    This is not outrage. This is fact. You're ridiculous.

And PG04 (sorry, having a hard time with HG07), sorry this whole experience is happening to you. It taints the love you have for the new car a bit, doesn't it?

13. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Mar 22 2007, 01:00 AM) [snapback]410018[/snapback]</div>
    I agree that it's time to send your lemon law letters. My patience would have worn out by now. I'd have told them to get it fixed NOW (even if they have to get someone from Japan) or take it back and start bitching at Toyota. Interesting how Toyota & the dealers are getting off easy here. Consider the response if this were happening at a GM dealer.

14. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Greetings~

Well the vacation went well, with the exception the wife caught the flu and was running a 102* fever.. :(
    I think im getting it now :angry: ,

Anyways UPDATE TIME: Dealership called me while I was in Jacksonville NC. The GM called to let me know that if they couldn't find the problem with my car by 3/27/2007 they would like to exchange my car for another exact duplicate model, and would that be OK with me? I told him sure, that would be fine..... B)

I will post again after 3/27/2007.... ;)

PS I knew what efusco's post ment :p

I appreciate your thoughts & comments... :)

15. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    ok, well at least they're taking the initiative. still, took em long enough! talk about a lackluster new car experience! :angry:

hope you and the wife feel better soon, HG07.

16. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    3/27/2007, The dealer called and said they found the problem with the car and have fixed it something about replacing an inverter or something like that.. they are installing the leather and we should be able to pick up the car by sat....... :mellow:

17. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    sure enough it was the inverter then :mellow:

took em long enough, and they really should have just given you another new one off the lot and bought that one back from you.

18. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Mar 28 2007, 01:16 PM) [snapback]413598[/snapback]</div>
    I agree with you, but the wife will enjoy her new car, and we didnt have to put 1200 mi on it during our trip :)

I told the wife Iwas going to put wide white wall tires on it, she told me that was fine but that i could also die in my sleep.... :blink: I think her tires are just fine...... ;)