1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Once is more than enough.

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by recurve57, Nov 25, 2015.

1. elian

elian New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Definately sounds like the service dept is taking you for a ride, try a different location. I loved my gen II prius but even when I took it to one of the supposedly best dealerships in the area they still tried to do things like put generic multi-spec transmission fluid in the car..because most of their customers don't mind saving money, they probably have a lot of it and in a conventional car it's probably okay. No, I really WANT the WS-ATF as spec'd in the TSB. When I showed the TSB to the service manager they supposedly re-did the service at no charge - but how do you really know? I will tell you they treated me better than the Chevy service dept..My HHR supposedly needed a new strut at 36Kmi, which of course should really be replaced in pairs - genuine "GM Parts" at $1700/ea..

I test drove the Prius v and was unimpressed - it's like they took the regular prius drivetrain and added 2,000 more lbs to it. I could not tell the difference between eco and power settings..both seemed very sluggish compared to the C-MAXs we had at work. I ended up trading in an HHR and my Gen II Prius for a C-MAX SEL with a panoramic roof and technology package. Since Ford vastly overstated the MPG (real world is typically 40MPG) you can get them relatively inexpensively. Much of the technology is cross-patented between Toyota and Ford. The SE's have a 12V battery leak/drain issue but the SEL seems solid, a lot of TSBs but none of them have let me sit and the cost of recall work is reimbursed from the factory.

I still think the Prius hatchback is probably the best sedan..smooth, quiet, relatively powerful and people used to look at me like I was smoking something when I told them I was routinely getting 45-49MPG on an 87 octane engine..

By the way, I got $10,000 trade in value for that 2007 Prius with 60K mi on it, the resale value seems pretty high compared to other vehicles. The second day they had my Gen II on the lot it was bought by a guy who had a first generation Prius looking to upgrade.

2. PPPrrrius

PPPrrrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I'm sure you've taken care of these issues by now. But like others have said I doubt there is anything wrong with the car and this is likely a dealer problem.

At $360 battery replacement is outrageous, and the alignment could be warranted, or it could be an upsell.

What gets me is the oil evidenced as a $1900 issue. I once brought in a 4Runner to be inspected per the buyers request before I sold it to him and the dealer claimed a tiny bit of oil around the valve cover was evidence of a blown head gasket. And the repair would be over $1k. Used motors are not pristine devices on the exterior.

Same goes for the water pump. There may be evidence of water/coolant outside the pump, but there's a huge difference between a leak and normal seepage. This is precisely why the adjuster changed the claim from leakage to seepage.

I hope you don't let the dealer's practices influence your opinion of the vehicle. It is very more than likely in great shape.

Also, rarely should you pay a significant amount for an extended warranty.