1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

One for the stupid files.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Godiva, Jan 29, 2009.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Not everyone believes that killing killers is the best way to tell people that killing is wrong. I go along with Amnesty International and every other human rights organization in opposing the death penalty. Rose Bird did the right thing. Let Manson rot in prison. Kill him and you've ended his suffering. I can tell you that prison is not fun.

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I wonder if it would make you feel good to hear that woman had lost her job so her family were now poor and relying on welfare payments after your letter champaign to have her sacked? Again before you start writing that letter try something for me, borrow a yappy dog, now with that dog yapping all day for a week I want you to work at night for 8 to 12 hours a night then try to sleep with that yapping dog outside your bedroom window during the day, then at the end of the week tell me what you want to do to that dog?
    I say lock up the dog owner. You see I work night shifts.

3. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    To daniel, who said he's never met a friendly small dog, don't give up. You haven't experienced love by a dog until you've been snorted on by a pug. Pug lovers know what I mean... there's nothing better than snuggling with one of these lovable, friendly creatures who just spread joy by being.

4. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think you meant to say cat.

5. Dave_PH

Dave_PH New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

Have you been in prison?

6. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yes actually, he has been

7. patsparks

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When does a cat spread love? When it wants to eat, is cold or just feels like it.
    My little dog Missy is lovely, she is very affectionate and never barks at people. At the beach she barks at everything but not people.
    How small is small when it comes to dogs? My other dog who passed away a little over a year ago was beautiful, the most friendly and affectionate creature born on this earth. He was a whippet staffy cross and just lovely. I called him a male slut because he would go with anyone! He was nothing like me.

8. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Nope. Been there, done that. Close, but no cigar.

9. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Cats are clean, intelligent (too intelligent to be anyone's slave), and they purr. A cat makes you giggle just by walking into a room. If you need to be in charge, you want a dog. If you are comfortable with equality in a relationship, you want a cat. Of course, if you are a cat and you want to be in charge, you have a human.

That said, I like dogs when they are friendly and do not yap.

Yankton SD, El Reno OK, Oxford WI (for one night in transit), and Sandstone MN. Six months total. One charge of misdemeanor trespassing and one charge of misdemeanor damage to property for digging a hole 3 1/2 feet deep, 5 feet wide, and 6 feet long (if I remember correctly) next to a Minuteman III nuclear missile silo, in a symbolic act of protest, to promote the idea that we need to dig these abominable weapons of indiscriminate mass destruction out of the ground, and if the government won't, then citizens need to. See Isaiah, "they shall beat their swords into plowshares," etc.

10. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I've been around dogs as a kid, the dog lived outside and the cat lived in the house. I now have two cats, and you couldn't ask for a more intelligent, friendly, house-friendly pet

Even visitors to my house comment on how friendly my cats are. A cat is also very pragmatic about its local environment. If the owners don't give a rats a** about it, naturally the cat won't kiss up too much. If you shower the cat with the same love and attention most folks do for a dog, the cat *will* return that love and attention

It is cute how you got tossed in the slammer over that, while a guy can defraud BILLIONS in a ponzi scheme, and have to suffer the cruel treatment of having to wear an ankle bracelet and spend most of his time in a lavish, $8 million dollar penthouse pad on 133 E 64th St in Manhattan

Naturally, that crook is also pissing and moaning about his "horrible" treatment. Hell, I'd volunteer to be "stuck" in his pad, being waited on hand and foot.

11. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yeah, but he was doing what the Founding Fathers intended the rich to do: Stuff their pockets at the expense of the poor. I, on the other hand, was threatening one of the principal ways the rich get richer at the expense of the poor: they sell terrorist weapons to our government.

I could have undermined the whole foundation of the American robber baron system. All your guy did was steal money.

12. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Too funny, "my" guy. I wonder if he would taste like chicken, or like pork? I mean, no sense letting him go to waste

13. patsparks

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I kneel at your feet Daniel, you walk the walk!!

14. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

I've been known to 'liberate' a neighbor's incessantly barking dog. Just casually open the gate and keep walking. The last time I did it another neighbor witnessed my action, called the pound to report a loose dog which got picked up (I'd draw the line at that), and the dog owner's never bothered to get it out of the pound so all's well in suburbia. I should point out that our neighborhood works hard to preserve 'quiet enjoyment' of our properties and when the barker first moved in I brought the new neighbors a bottle of wine and told them how the neighborhood prized quiettude. He told me I'd 'get used to it'. That was the last words we ever exchanged. They finally moved just at the beginning of the housing downturn, and their property sat vacant for a year before they tired of paying two mortgages and rented it to the nicest young couple ever. Just desserts for all.