1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

One House term is too short to be Prez

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by daniel, Apr 2, 2007.

1. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Apr 3 2007, 02:23 PM) [snapback]417124[/snapback]</div>
    How did the discussion turn to Giuliani? :)

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Apr 3 2007, 02:16 PM) [snapback]417160[/snapback]</div>
    What, no response Berman? Can't find anything wrong with it?

3. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Apr 3 2007, 04:08 PM) [snapback]417194[/snapback]</div>
    Don't forget to come back with an "I'm waiting!" post every five minutes until he replies! :lol:

(I think that either D'lyse gave him detention, or Doberman bit his leg off.)

4. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Apr 3 2007, 02:08 PM) [snapback]417194[/snapback]</div>
    Make your own patented Berman response - just post a non sequitur (try using some "statistic" you just made up) and then ask "Why do you liberals hate America so much?"

5. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doberman @ Apr 3 2007, 11:10 AM) [snapback]417158[/snapback]</div>
    This actually IS better than attacking a sovereign country, placing our military in harm's way, and bankrupting the nation financially and morally. Dogs DO have more sense than shrubs!

6. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Apr 3 2007, 04:39 PM) [snapback]417311[/snapback]</div>
    Kinda makes you wish the shrub looked more like a fire hydrant!

MB

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Be careful. If you allow dogs access to the Federal budget they'll just put it towards research and development to build a giant CATapult to catapult all cats into the sun.

I have a reliable source.

8. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Apr 3 2007, 08:40 PM) [snapback]417332[/snapback]</div>
    Not true- I CATegorically deny that!

9. zapranoth

zapranoth New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Apr 3 2007, 12:16 PM) [snapback]417160[/snapback]</div>
    Well put.

I would add something about not spying on our own citizens without due process and oversight, etc.

And it's OK that dbermann didn't respond. You can pick a post from the talk-like-a-republican thread and cut and paste it in... that'll work. :lol:

10. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Apr 3 2007, 10:27 AM) [snapback]417093[/snapback]</div>
    A trap of your own making! You defined him as a monster. Now I am also asking, and I promise not to label or accuse you of anything I have not already pinned on you in the past. Would you or would you not have removed the monster from power? Simple question awaiting a simple answer and copping out like you have above is defining you as a man that won't stand behind his own words. Additionally, dbman has already accused you of the things you fear above and that hasn’t stopped you from asserting your position on a number of matters, including the ones in issue now.

Wildkow

11. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Apr 3 2007, 12:16 PM) [snapback]417160[/snapback]</div>
    So as POTUS you would put aside the affairs of the nation and go out and gather your own GOOD intelligence? There could already be some good intelligence gathered in the past already out there, do you use that or just ignore it? How about from other nations do you use that or ignore it?

The present administration is already doing that so it nice to see that you agree with something the Bush White House is doing. :p

That's nice but how does that protect us now? I guess on second thought the monument could act as a model for other memorial parks because while you’re out gathering your own GOOD intelligence the terrorist will be attacking innocent civilians here instead of our armed forces in Iraq who are trained to defend themselves.

You mean like Clinton did when he prevented the FBI and CIA from sharing information cause it might impinge the terrorist Constitutional rights? BTW, another thing that has already been implemented.

Throwing money at a problem will never solve it. BTW, that’s already been tried and communities and companies have already abused and wasted the money given to them for Homeland Security.

I fear that after a defeatocrat POTUS of the United States withdraws all the troops we can start mourning the loss from terrorist attacks of our innocent loved ones, women, children and elderly civilians right here in the Good Ol’ United States. Where have all the average Joe democrats gone? Oh that's right you turned on him and drove him out of the party.

Wildkow

12. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Apr 4 2007, 04:03 AM) [snapback]417520[/snapback]</div>
    Kow, you clearly hold bush up on a pedestal here.

He may have had some good intelligence in the beginning, but he chose to ignore it and then pressured his intelligence agencies to produce "facts" that lined up with his desire to invade Iraq. But you know this, it's already been covered in another thread.

The administration may be working with a multinational force now, but back when we first invaded Iraq they weren't. They went off half-cocked without international support and paid a heavy toll not only in American lives but in diplomatic value as well.

The memorial isn't designed to protect the people. Instead, it's designed to give the victims families closure on the matter. Do you have any idea what it must be like for those families? Their loved ones were killed, they were promised a memorial, and are still waiting for it. Maybe in another 4 years it'll finally be finished, at which point they'll all have to go to see it, dredging up the memories of a day 10 years gone. Thats a horrible thing to do to a person.

Bush has made headway towards getting the different agencies to play nicely, but it's taken way too long. For the first 3-4 years after 9/11, all i heard about it was that it wasn't effective and didn't work. Poor initial planning by the administration.

You're right. Throwing money at the problem doesn't solve it. However, providing funds and support to the right people helps them to do their job better. Unfortunately, you can't accomplish anything in this country without money. But speaking of throwing money at a problem, how much money have we thrown at Iraq since we declared victory?

So in short, this Administration has focused its efforts on a war in a country that had nothing to do with the 9/11 attack, forgetting about the victims families, and only giving a half-hearted attempt at increasing our national security, and attempt that now may look decent, but took way too long to get to that point.

13. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Apr 3 2007, 03:16 PM) [snapback]417160[/snapback]</div>
    1. You would not have attacked Afghaninstan? Iran has been implicated in terror attacks on US citizens - does this mean you would have attacked Iran - and they currently are responsible for aiding/abetting attacks on US citizens currently.

2. If a country harbors a terror group or supports a terror group that attacks the US or its citizens, would you attack that country?

3. How do you guarantee "good" intelligence? Or perhaps you are trying to reference "correct" intelligence - which is an oxymoron by definition since the people we are gathering intelligence on are at the SAME time trying to deceive us and hide from us - hence the need for us to gather "intelligence" on them. Intelligence can only provide you with GUESSES - BEST GUESSES - BUT GUESSES. So that is a given FACT - you could not with 100% certainty know the truth about your enemy

4. work with multinational group to find and destroy the people responsible: ok, what if not one other country in the ENTIRE world wanted to walk with you on this... you just had 3,000 innocent citizens you are responsible for get slaughtered..... what r u going to do..... NOTHING??????????

4a. would you not respect the sovereignty of a nation if you were to find one individual linked to 9/11 within its borders? Going in to "touch" that said individual would be an act of war on your part, no? what if you tracked these people down to countries like iran or NoKo - would you go and get them, would you dismantle that countries capacity to harbor these people? Or, would these be safe havens for them?

5. building monuments is nice - but it is not the Presidents responsbility unless you can find something to that effect in the Constitution. You can find it there that it is your responsbility to PROTECT American citizens though. Perhaps you willingness to build monuments will come in handy - if you follow in clintons footsteps which i think you are doing - you will have to build a bunch of them. Funny, how clinton did not build any during his tenure -not to the victims of WTC I, not to the victims of the USS Cole, etc, etc, etc.

6. Homeland defense - cute, throw money at it. tell me albert, how do you prevent a small nuke from coming into our country once you let Iran build it? You better have a lot of rock, morter, bricks and glass then because you will be building one HUGE freaken monument to those you just let get nuked - i would then wonder what you would do in that scenario since the bad guy probably went down with the weapon - would you call an end to it there and just build your memorial? would you try to find where the nuke was built and go after that country - perhaps it was russia????? then what would you do albert? Perhap just perhaps the best DEFENSE here is a good OFFENSE albert - perhaps not letting iran build nukes is the way to go here??? perhaps albert you might want to act PRE-emptively here or would you let iran go ahead and build its nukes??? remember albert, you are responsible for 300,000,000 people.

7. not forgetting - that's nice albert, with you at the helm there will probably be a lot of remembering.

14. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    All already answered and responded to. There's a little thing called diplomacy - wait until Bush is out of office, and you might see how it can actually do a lot of work for you, without the need for guns and loss of life.

15. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Apr 4 2007, 11:34 AM) [snapback]417595[/snapback]</div>
    figured this would be your response. obviously you see the fallacy of your thoughts.

16. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    LOL. typical berman response - "i'm going to ignore the post you made that directly refutes what i said, and declare that you recognize that you're wrong" good job.

17. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Apr 4 2007, 01:18 AM) [snapback]417511[/snapback]</div>
    When the cost of removing a monster from power is tens or hundreds of thousands of innocent lives and the bankrupting of your own country, and the transformation of a stable country into pure chaos and civil war, then, no, you do not remove the monster.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Apr 4 2007, 02:03 AM) [snapback]417520[/snapback]</div>
    Bush had good intelligence information. He ignored it and ordered his subordinates to prepare false information instead, in order to sell the public on a war he wanted to pursue for dishonest reasons.

18. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Apr 4 2007, 12:22 PM) [snapback]417640[/snapback]</div>
    even if what you say is true, yes it is worth it. imagine how many millions of lives would have been saved if hitler had been removed earlier?

bankrupting our country - ?? the deficit is shrinking and to make matters worse the defeatocrats want to add $400 billion in new spending --- explain that to me would you please. and then there is the matter that a majority of that spending on the war in iraq stays in this country anyway.....

iraq a stable country :lol: are you referring to the mass graves we found, the gassing of the kurds, the invasion of kuwait, their war with iran, the attempt to build nukes, -- how was it stable - i guess to you the soviet union under stalin was stable too - jjjjjeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz just shoot me please. by stable do you mean that the minority ruled with an iron fist and an open knife and loaded gun over the rest of the country - you sure have a funny definition of stable country - even of good and evil - which is the problem for the rest of us.

you see evil and call it good or at the least you call it "stable" jeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

19. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Apr 4 2007, 11:23 AM) [snapback]417720[/snapback]</div>
    All those things were done when the U.S. was bankrolling him and supplying him with the necessary weaponry.

As for shooting you, I'd love to oblige, but I'm a pacifist. I won't shoot anyone, no matter how objectionable or obnoxious they are. Maybe Kow would be willing to do it if you asked him nicely.

20. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Apr 4 2007, 04:54 PM) [snapback]417803[/snapback]</div>
    are you truly a pacifist? that would explain most everything.