1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

One House term is too short to be Prez

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by daniel, Apr 2, 2007.

1. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Apr 4 2007, 04:54 PM) [snapback]417803[/snapback]</div>
    If you snuck up behind dbermanmd and stuck a sign on his back that says, "Shoot Me- I'm a Liberal", I'm sure that Kow would be happy to oblige. :lol:

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Apr 4 2007, 01:57 PM) [snapback]417807[/snapback]</div>
    Yes. If my willingness to spend 6 months in federal prison for it does not convince you, I don't know what would. (Actually, I knew when I did my civil disobedience that twelve months was a possibility, though six seemed more likely, and was what I got.)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Apr 4 2007, 02:01 PM) [snapback]417810[/snapback]</div>
    Manipulating someone else into shooting someone is morally no different than doing it yourself. If the d-man really wants someone to shoot him, as he said in his post, he'll have to arrange for it himself. I won't be a party to it. Not even as obnoxious as he is.

3. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Apr 4 2007, 04:03 AM) [snapback]417520[/snapback]</div>
    So tell us how much you'd be willing to pay in increased federal taxes to support the war?

$5,000/year for as long as it takes to "win"
    $10,000/year...?

20% of your gross income?

It's fun to talk about "teaching them a lesson" but the reality of it is that wars cost money.

So, I'm calling upon you --someone who is clearly a true Patriot, after all-- to step up and contribute to the war effort in which you believe so strongly.

How much is victory worth to you? Not sending your kids to college? Not getting that new bass boat you've always wanted? Not buying your wife new clothing? Donating all of your pots and pans to a scrap metal drive?

Tell us how much *you'd* be willing to sacrifice in the name of victory.

I've posed this question before and the reply is usually in the form of a meaningless platitude, something like: "it's not about money, it's about security."

Translation: "I am unwilling to personally make the smallest committment to the war effort."

4. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Apr 4 2007, 06:17 PM) [snapback]417843[/snapback]</div>
    Well, of course my remark was facetious. But as dbermanmd and Wildkow are both gun owners, I think this is a line of discussion best dropped. :eek:

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Apr 4 2007, 03:33 PM) [snapback]417850[/snapback]</div>
    I certainly hope they don't get into a shoot-out over it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Apr 4 2007, 03:28 PM) [snapback]417848[/snapback]</div>
    When you ask a conservative to allocate more money for education, their platitude is "You can't solve problems by throwing money at them." But when you ask why they'll dissipate the national patrimony on war, their platitude is that "Freedom" is worth more than any amount of money.

In Congress, debates over education or health care always center around the question "Where's the money going to come from?" But in debates over war neither the Dems nor the Repubs ever ask that question!!!

In other words: This country has a blank check for death but an empty pocket for life.

6. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    [attachmentid=7267]

[attachmentid=7268]

Attached Files: