1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

One issue with my Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tracysbeans, Jan 11, 2006.

1. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I do not think the lighter color is the end of the world. The lighter tan color makes the interior look larger. The darker grey is better at hiding dirt. Both can be cleaned.

I personally would do nothing that could effect the safety features of the car. My perspective can be skewed.... as my 19 yo son... and best friend in life, perished this year in an accident.

If you are hell bent on getting seat covers... my recommendation would be to make sure that they do not effect the airbags in any way. I would not simply trust the word of a 3rd party supplier.

/Jim

2. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Jim, I'm sorry to here about the loss of your loved ones. :(

Maybe there is a way to install them without affecting the airbags. I will have to checkinto that.

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    The car cover can protect the car from sun, dust, rain and birds. Most of the time it isn't on, but it is custom for the Prius, note the antenna is covered too.

The dash cover protects the dash from direct sunlight. I used to have a 1967 Mercedes and the dash was cracked from the heat. This is Southern California, remember. :)

Going back to topic, both the GT and the Wet Oke have a special opening in the side of the cover for the airbags. If you order a seat from them, be sure to specify that your Prius has side airbags.

4. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Are the seat covers hard to install (put on?)

5. aaf709

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    The GTs weren't. The hardest thing is you have to remove the rear seat. Fortunately I had previously saw a PDF on installing an XM radio in a Prius and they showed how to do that. It's just a couple of pins that you pull up on.

6. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Oh gosh. I think I'm going to have to get someone to help me with it.

How long did it take you 2 install the 2 seat covers?

7. aaf709

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    An hour, by myself.

You can take a look at the XM Installation Guide and scroll down to pages 43-45 for pictures of the removal.

8. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Thanks for the info! I will definatly have to get someone to help me!

9. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Tracy,

Maybe you should consider having your dealer install the leather seats. That way you can keep your Bisque interior, and it would be easy to clean.

/Jim

10. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Jim, Thanks for the suggestion but I don't like the look of leather. My daughters aunt came over the other day with a nice looking Chevy Mustang and it was cool on the outside by when she opened up the door it had black leather seats. It just didn't look good to me.

Tracy

11. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Tracy,

I was suggesting that you get the tan (bisque) colored seats. That way it would match your interior. Personally... I think it will not look very nice with charcol seat covers on an otherwise "tan" interior. But when it comes to asthetics... my opinion doesn't matter... yours does.

The tan (bisque) leather seats would be easy to clean, and would allow you to have the "larger feeling" interior that a light color offers. I also personally think that leather feels MUCH better than cloth seats... but once again, that is a very personal thing. Others would feel just the opposite. Personally, I would not want a car that did not have leather sets.

/jim

12. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Dang, I love those Chevy Mustangs. But they're so hard to find!

13. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

She has a nice yellow mustang. It's pretty nice. (well it was until she hit a deer anyway) She had the dealer fix it but they didn't do to good of a job. She said when she opens her car door it drops on her. Also there is some rough paint on the edges of her door. Doesn't look like they did to good of a job with it.

14. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Jim, And personally I wouldn't want a car with leather seats regardless of the color. To me leather seats just don't look right. I think of them as old peoples material (sorry old people LOL)

I like the look and feel of fabric seats.

Just like I don't like wood floors. I had some nice wood floors in my other house but carpeted them. To me wood floors are to hard. I like something soft.

BUT thanks for the suggestion. Different things for different folks.

I'm starting to get used to the lighter seats and for now I just have some seat covers on the front 2 seats to protect them.

My car already needs to be washed. I wouldn't have picked any other color besides black BUT I will now have to deal with weekly washing it. Oh well at least I got what color I like. I think the black looks sharp for the exterior color of a Prius. Normally I do red cars but I didn't like that on a Prius.

15. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    In that case... you should not get leather. This is something of personal taste. I know some people just don't like leather. I have no idea how you can possibly equate it to "old folks material".

/Jim

16. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Not sure why I think it's for old folks. I guess I'm getting pretty old myself now though :(

17. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    those tan GT covers do come clean very easily. got all sorts of crap on them on the trip and it came out very easily this afternoon when i went to clean up the interior.

and the all weather mats will cover up the tan easily enough. you'll just have the trim to worry about then. DH told me he talked to you about replacing the trim to make it all gray- that would be a very expensive option. i'll get some pics of our interior up soon, once i get it detailed so it doesn't look like $%*& in the pics! :lol:

18. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Do you just not like the color or are you worried about them getting dirty?

I was talking with tumbleweed today and he has the light fabric. He had 9K on his if I remember and his seats and floormats looked great.
    I asked him how he does it... He said he has had muddy puppy paws all over the seats.. the just takes a wet cloth and it comes right off!
    They looked brand new to me!

then another I saw had the all weather rubber matts in the bottom... they looked good to.

it also looks like the material on the seats would clean very well with a hand held steam cleaner should you ever need to.

19. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    [attachmentid=1808]

here's a shot i found on my laptop of the interior of our car- GTcovers on the seats and all weather mats on the floors.

20. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Someone mentioned to me that it wasn't good to put the GT Covers on because it left marks on the orginal seats :huh: