1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

One more plug for White #9 Raffle

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by drbob, Jul 9, 2004.

1. drbob

drbob New Member

This raffle is run by a charity organization that I have been on for 4 years. The raffle offers $100 tickets (ouch, I know) with 1250 tickets available. Grand prize winner chooses one of 3 prize packages:
    1. A Ford F-150 Lariat
    2. A 2004 Prius, pkg #9 PLUS $10,000
    3. $35,000

There are some early bird draws for $500 and 5 $1,000 winners in addition to the grand prize winner. Info is found at http://www.bishopbaraga.com/BBIndex.html (click on Grand Raffle)

Also, we will be taking bids on both the Toyota Prius (minus the $10,000 - the bid will be just for the car itself) and the Ford soon. This is in case the winner doesn't choose that vehicle. For example, last year's winner chose the cash as their prize. We will be getting a bid form up on the website probably within a couple of weeks that can be downloaded and mailed to us. This form will list the minimum bid for each item and the cutoff date for receiving bids. Please make sure you're really interested before you put a bid in, though. This car is located in northern Michigan and the winner will have to get here to collect the car or work out something with the dealer that has provided this car for us.

So if you're interested in a white #9, either a ticket purchase or possibly bidding, bookmark the site.

One last note: I know a lot is written here about paying over MSRP, but it may make someone feel better if they know anything over MSRP is going to a nonprofit organization. Although our organization stands to make some money on this, I'd love it if this could help get a Priuschat member get a car THIS year.

2. drbob

drbob New Member

Bid forms are online now

There are bid sheets available online now to anyone interested. Again, the raffle takes place on Sept 25th, so we won't know until the winner chooses his prize if the Prius will be available or not. Minimum bid is sticker price and anything paid over sticker is profit for our organization and a tax credit for the bidder.

Prius bid form: http://www.bishopbaraga.com/priusbid.html

Ford bid form: http://www.bishopbaraga.com/Fordbid.html

3. Jeri

Jeri New Member

While we're waiting test drove another Prius

We bought the ticket but somehow just don't expect to win. I really wanted to test drive one but no dealer had one onsite. So when the other Toyota needed several days in the shop, we rented one from Enterprise. Now I want one of my very own even more. Hated to return it but they are fussy about that. Renting one is a good way to get the feel of the car or any car for that matter. And reasonably priced. 35.00 per day. One of these days my dealer will call :p

4. drbob

drbob New Member

Last week to mail in a bid

This is the last week to print and mail a bid sheet in if you're interested in a White #9 Prius. The minimum bid is sticker price, $26,490. If I win I haven't decided whether I'll take the Prius plus $10K or the $35K. Good luck to you, Jeri!