1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

One of these things is not like the other

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Stev0, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Family Hybrid

Family Hybrid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IAO @ Jun 14 2007, 01:42 PM) [snapback]461715[/snapback]</div>
    Maybe you saw ours. :D I have been noticing more and more <strike>Prius</strike> <strike>Priuss</strike> <strike>Priuii</strike> hybrids in my area (Hapton Roads, VA). Most of them are the current model, although every once and a while you will see a Classic.

2. Essayons

Essayons Essayons

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Fort Lee, VA has at least 8 Prii (This is not a big post) and my community of 150 homes has at least 3. I also see 3-4 every day going to work (Mainly on rt 288). There are so many around here I don't wave anymore :rolleyes: . Te funny thing is that gas around here is usually some of the lowest in the nation along with NJ and SC. Go figure.

3. ServoScanMan

ServoScanMan Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(spideyman @ Jun 14 2007, 05:53 PM) [snapback]461930[/snapback]</div>
    Same here, Spidey. There are over 1000 people working at the factory here. I'm still the only one with a Prius. Last week I decided to count the SUVs and Trucks coming toward me in the opposite lane of a two lane road. I counted 23 in a row before I saw another car. It's sad. :( That's why I would like to see gas go up to $4/gallon.

4. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have never seen another driver in my area that looked my age (29) or younger, everyone that I see driving a Prius in Summit county OH looks to be at least 60 years old. I find it quite ironic that a vehicle that is so progressively different and better is championed by so many seniors.

While in a parking lot I also once saw 3 other prius at a stoplight but with a Durango sandwiched in between. I rarely see others when I'm on the highway, but if I decide to take main city streets home I usually see 3 or 4.

5. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(R1200GS @ Jun 15 2007, 07:16 PM) [snapback]462658[/snapback]</div>
    [attachmentid=9163]
    You mean like this crap....

Down here in Florida (near Tampa) dem "redneck, mile high, jacked up, giant tire, monster trucks" are all over the friggin' town and city streets, with mud and stones flyin' off 'em !! :angry: Cops down here just don't give a dam, probably because many of the cops actually OWN a monster, illegally jacked up (way past the 4" bumper height limit) truck just like it.....

Here's some pics taken just four streets away from me in our "gated community"....
    [attachmentid=9164]

[attachmentid=9165]
    .... by the way, TWO cops live on same street just a few house away from this friggin' piece of sh*t !!
    Yep, still a redneck town here....

Attached Files:

6. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FloridaWen @ Jun 23 2007, 11:42 AM) [snapback]466866[/snapback]</div>
    I love the windshield banner they have. Talk about overcompensating.

7. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jun 23 2007, 02:09 PM) [snapback]466908[/snapback]</div>
    They had a big half-price sale on 'em at Bubba's Auto Parts last month...... yep, yep !!
    They also had 50% off the "hanging testicle trailer hitch ornament" in assorted colors, too !! ;)
    Love thy neighborhood redneck !!

8. Zoozoo3

Zoozoo3 New Member

I can go days without seeing one around me, then I might see 1 or 2. Which surprises me because finding one in the Chicago area, new or used, is a challenge now and the salesman at St. Charles Toyota said they were selling them like mad. I do love the attention my magnetic gray baby gets - and people are so curious about how often I have to plug it in.

9. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jun 23 2007, 01:09 PM) [snapback]466908[/snapback]</div>

I was thinking of the line in Shrek:

"Do you think he's compensatin' for something?" :D

10. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    This afternoon, on a single ten-minute walk I saw THREE Magnetic Grey Prii (not including my own in the driveway), and two Prii of other colors.

11. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yesterday, I saw a Prius that was Red and White... seriously... it had two wide red stripes, the long way, from hood, over roof, and down the back.
    It made me blink!!