1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

One thing I've learned on FHoP.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Apr 11, 2007.

1. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hycamguy07 @ Apr 13 2007, 08:43 AM) [snapback]422663[/snapback]</div>
    Don't feel bad. One of the girls in the student senate office told me she thought I was pretty hot till she found out I was 31 and that if she dated me it would make me a pediphile. :eek:

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    F8L, you do look young for your age. it sucks, i'm in the same boat. i figure it'll pay off later...

meanwhile being a bit "old for my age" it really irritates me to be taken as someone who's younger than i am.

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Apr 13 2007, 10:23 AM) [snapback]422758[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, It'll pay off later. :) Thankfully you are pretty hot so the effect will be compounded when you are older. Keep reminding your husband of this when he starts to get mouthy. :p

I agree though. Sometimes people look at me like I'm a young nieve kid in his mid 20s who has no idea what he is talking despite the fact I've probably read and more in the last year than they have in their lives. :lol:

4. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    One thing that I've definitely learned on FHOP is that I still look at myself as a youngster. When I read lots of ya'lls posts, I think that I'm talking to someone substantially older than myself. I don't know why, but I do. Then I see your pictures, realize that we're not that far apart in age, and that I'm actually older than people that I previously thought were older than me. I swear I still feel 22, even if I don't look it!

Beyond that, I've learned that there are a lot of like-minded individuals in the world who still differ on debates. Basically, it's helped me learn NOT to stereotype people.

5. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've learned Hitler's pet name was "love muffins" :lol:

Oh yeah, and that I have the opportunity to indirectly experience other people's perspectives on things, even if I don't agree with them.