1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

One Year, 10 Months.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Wolfman, Oct 8, 2005.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    congrats Wolfman on your purchase. you have gotten another great hybrid. my sis works for Ford, my family on my Dad's side was born and raised in the Detroit area so i am partial to the FEH. i have wanted to check one out up close, but there is never one on the lot and their wait time is still over a year.

i remember the first one they got, it was unplanned (was a surprise from Corporate) before it had been unloaded from the truck, they had it sold for a $9,000 premium

2. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    LuckyP - Ford says that the design is their own. However, I cannot help but think that they really took a Prius apart to see how it worked, and in their efforts to reverse engineer the thing, ended up simply building the THS system all over again. Even the MFD is similar in layout. Animations are different, polling times on the consumption screen is different (1 minute instead of 5), and screen layout varies, but the exact same info is related - minus the regen symbols.

The braking system behaves like the HSD version, with the brakes only being used with heavy braking application. Using the "L" on the shifter instead of "D" kicks up the regen more aggressively when you let off of the gas, and kicks the engine off at 40 mph instead of 30 mph when slowing. With this, you can get a measurable economy gain using the right notch at the right times. I am already at a real world 36 mpg on what is the vehicles secont tank of fuel, and on a drivetrain with less than 600 miles on it. All I'm doing is driving it in the same manner as I did my Prius, which is currently keeping to a maximum of 55 mph. Stealth is easier to obtain, and maintain when you're in it. Anyone here, would be immediately familiar with the feel of the FEH.

I find tht I'm absolutely loving having a tach again. Despite what the hybrid system screen says, I know for sure whether the engine is on or off. The charge/assist guage is great to see how much power is going where. The bad news is, that FEH owners that attended the Dearborne seminar are reporting that engineers are redesigning the dashboard, and are taking about eliminating the tach. The other thing I like, is that I do NOT have that stupid and irritating bladder in my fuel tank. I don't have to baby the fuel into the tank, and worry about the bladder puking fuel as it purges trapped air.

Remaxmanager - I'm building a mileage database on Green Hybrid. The vehicle is named the same as my nickname. Since I drive alot of miles, I should be building up a sizeable database very quickly. Yeah, the 06 is still a sea of chap hard plastic. This is still a domestic carmaker disease, but one that is at least tolerable.

Tideland Prius - The next in line for hybridization with FoMoCo will be the Mazda version of the trio. After that, will be the Ford Fusion Hybrid, which is slated for next year, and will be in direct competition with the Camry and Camry hybrid.

DaMan32 - The transaxle is built in Japan, the engine is domestic, and the vehicle itself is built in Kansas City, MO.

3. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Glad to hear that is working out. If you want a neat Escape site- try www.escape-central.com I am still a member there, but rarely go on, BUT there are a lot of fun people on there- I noticed it to be totally different compared to this site.

Happy truckin'

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Wolfman congrats! I have wanted to get at the hybrid Escape but have not had a chance. I was hoping to get one for my wife but her car died big time about 4 months before they came out so she has a conventional Escape and it is a good car thus far. Please keep us informed. I would love to hear from a experienced Prius driver on the Escape driving differences and similarities. Shair!!!