1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

one year anniversary

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by finman, Mar 22, 2005.

1. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    One year and 22,500 miles ago I became Prius enlightened. Here are some stats I'd like to share. Averaging 47 MPG, I consumed 478 gallons of gas at a cost of $957 (assuming a nice round $2/gallon, but that seems to be going higher :( ). If I were still in my 15 MPG Pathfinder, I'd have consumed 1,500 gallons of gas and spent $3000. That's over a 1,000 gallons and $2000 saved.
    Plus the environmental savings from this website http://www.40mpg.org/getinf/issues.cfm#enviro
    Just figuring the 19 lbs. of crud for just driving the car, I spewed out 9,082 lbs. of harmful substances. If still in my SUV, that number would've been 28,500, over 3 times the pollution.
    This all seems pretty 'patriotic' to me, since we import so much oil from places in the world that just don't like us. :oops: Plus the lower pollution levels and it's a kick to drive. Love my Prius, happy anniversay!
    I'd love to hear from others and see your numbers since Prius enlightenment. I sent these stats to my newspaper as a letter to the editor, in the hopes of furthering hybrid goodness.