1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

One year old Prius C... 2nd Crash :-(

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Petridish38, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Fauxknight

Fauxknight Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

Not just black cars (grey/light blue are the worst offenders), everyone should run some sort of lights regardless of the weather or time of day, hate being surprised in residential neighborhoods by what I thought was a parked car. Really loving the DRLs on the C.

ztanos likes this.
  2. GeoZoo

GeoZoo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I had a cursed Rav 4. Loved that car but I was hit twice - on the way to the adjustment appointment of the second one a girl and I didn't see each other round a bend and behind the insurance claims centre we went 50/50 on that scrape because of the road,etc and she was crying so much. Then I had a hit and run while it was parked in a lot. So I eventually traded it in and a week or so later I found out the dealership lot boy totalled it - IN THE LOT!

Happens.... I'm sorry....

Mind you, my "middle" nephew had more stitches than a shark attack victim before 6 years old and now he never seems to get hurt. Maybe you're wee car is like him - rough start but smooth ride afterwards? I hope so.

ztanos likes this.
  3. Petridish38

Petridish38 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Finally got my car back after 17 days and $3550. Not a cheap hit. Body shop says they got all Toyota parts and they did an AC evac and recharge and front wheel alignment. Everything seems fine so far. Pretty much my whole front end has a lifetime warranty on it now lol. Thanks guys.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ftl likes this.
  4. Fauxknight

Fauxknight Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Looks like they did a pretty good job. The bill seems reasonable considering how many separate panels and parts were hit.

5. Petridish38

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah, they did a good job. I can tell in one or two places, but I realize there are people with much worse "problems" so i've gotta just let it go.

6. Snowball

Snowball Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    What is this hood insulation thing? Is it to keep the engine warm? I don't think I have it in my C3.

7. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    3/4s definitely have it. It is to keep the engine bay warm. But they are also designed to do a wonderful thing. In theory, they were supposed to fall out of the hood whenever there was an engine fire. They are made of a material that is flame retardant and are supposed to douse the flame before it gets going. Doesn't always work...[​IMG]

TheyCmeNow likes this.
  8. DawnM

DawnM New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Sorry about your car! I just got in my first accident with the c. I didn't get hurt but my car is totaled.

image.jpg

9. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Is that the VPNS speaker? If you were one of those people who didn't want it, you certainly had easy access to disconnect it here! :whistle:

10. Mo G

Mo G Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Wow, glad you didn't get hurt. Hope the other person is okay as well. Sorry about your car.

DawnM likes this.
  11. Petridish38

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

Glad you are OK.

DawnM likes this.
  12. Petridish38

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

Yes it is. My hands are small enough that I can reach down there and unplug it with everything in place. I've already unplugged it once or twice already.