1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Online ordered options don't match sticker? Just me?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by pip310, Apr 6, 2012.

1. pip310

pip310 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    So, I had ordered some of the available options (like cargo net, wheel locks, etc.).

On delivery they were not there and not on the sticker. The dealer says the price as delivered did not include those items.

I *think* he's right, but it's a bit hard to reconcile the online price; dealer price; delivered price; etc.

Anyone else have something like this?

2. SKrueger

SKrueger New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    All my options ordered online when I placed my pre-order showed on the window sticker and the price matched exactly the price shown on my order confirmation. Pull a copy of your order and go back to the dealer, he owes you everything on that order.

3. wke555

wke555 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm that doesn't sound right at all. While it seems that some people got screwed by having their sticker price raised through options, you got options subtracted YET they still want to charge you the price WITH options. I would go back to the original completed online order from back in November and raise the issue with their sales department.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    not sure what you mean by online/dealer/delivered prices? the price before taxes etc. should be the online contract including delivery price. if that has the options listed, with the prices, you should have received them.

5. pip310

pip310 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Basically, the original order had four options that were not delivered or on the sticker when the car was delivered. The dealer is trying to sort this out now. Long story short - the final deal didn't match the original order; and the final price is off by $594 by my calculations. The purchase agreement form showed the net price so there is no direct correlation to the original order, or it seems to the sticker.

The dealer is working this out - I was just wondering whether this is common or just me.

6. wke555

wke555 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry what I actually meant is the dealer confirmation. After the original order, the dealer should have emailed you a confirmation of agreed on price - at least my dealer did.

7. SKrueger

SKrueger New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Maybe the dealer is trying to give you a different vehicle having either sold yours to someone else or to give you one someone else didn't pick up.

8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i'm still confused, let us know how it pans out. all the best!

9. jjbradley

jjbradley Spouse of Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    We picked up our Base PIP last Saturday here in Rochester, NY. We had ordered 3 options - carpet floor mats, paint protection and rear bumper applique. The car came through with only the floor mats. We had been contacted by Toyota (not the dealer) about the paint protection not being as advertised. I thought Toyota had somehow deleted both items. I contacted Toyota care. They eventually told me the dealer cancelled the two missing items. The dealer claims they never changed the order and I believe them - they had no clue what was going on until the car was delivered.

We were not charged for the missing items - the dealer adjusted the contract to match the car and the window sticker. But the dealer is installing the rear bumper applique at no charge to us to make up for the mess up.

I would guess Toyota somehow either has a problem with their order processing or they did some car swapping at the port (Newark) and messed up. And they blame the poor, ignorant dealership.

For what it is worth, you aren't alone.

2 people like this.
  10. pip310

pip310 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Me too :(

Everything else matches - so I'm thinking not.

Yes - and that price was based on the options not delivered. The order that I have from that time matches the original order placed online.

11. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    There was an issue with the paint protection where the description online indicated it covered the hood and fender, but in reality only covered the hood. Because of the discrepancy, Toyota cancelled the paint protection on all orders. Perhaps other options were deleted accidentally as part of that?

12. Godzuki

Godzuki Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    !

Me! Online, I ordered - rear bumper applique, wheel locks, door edge guards, cargo net, paint protection film, and floor/trunk mats - at a confirmed price, and I completed the paperwork/financing at the confirmed price before the car arrived at the dealership.... Once the car arrived, the door edge guards were missing, and I indicated so with my dealer - I thought that perhaps door edge guards were to be applied by the dealer and not at the factory...

It wasn't until a few days later that I noticed that "door edge guards" was missing from the sticker, and that the price on the sticker was $109 less (the cost of the door edge guards) than my confirmed price.

I'll head to my dealer this weekend to sort out how to obtain a refund. In any event, I'm actually glad the car didn't come with door edge guards, I've now seen some in person, and to me they seem quite bulky - though I'm sure they do a great job of protecting those door edges!

:high5:Oh what a feeling!:high5:
    2012 PIP - standard trim, classic silver metallic

13. pip310

pip310 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I did have the paint protection on the order... so this is plausible. I also had received a call from Toyota saying that it would be applied anyway and that I'd receive a refund... but as it seems not to have been applied or charged for, no refund.

I think your suggestion is plausible - perhaps someone from Toyota could look into this.

I would like the cargo net - there is no place to attach it however... perhaps when one orders the net they also add proper hardware to attach it?

14. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes, when you receive the net, it comes with the little washer/hooks. You unscrew the side panel screws (near the groove where the tonneau cover locks in), then screw it back in with the washer/hook in place for each side. That gives you the top 2 hooks for the cargo net.

Keep in mind though, with the cargo net in place, it kind of makes opening and closing the charging cable/EVSE storage door difficult.

15. janie

janie 2016 Prius 3 Touring

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    1 person likes this.
  16. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Pip310,
    I have the cargo net and find it quite handy for keeping small items from rolling around the hatch area. However, as Tracksyde points out, it is in the way if you need access to the charger storage frequently. I don't have that problem, because unlike many PiP owners, I don't take the charger with me. I charge at home at night, and so far haven't found any need to do so elsewhere.
    My daughter just ordered one for her 2011 Prius. If I had realized how easy it would have been to install the net, I would have waited and got a lower price at the parts counter or at the PC Store.