1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Only get Ice Cold and then Super Hot (after remote starter install)

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by MilkyWay, Nov 26, 2016.

1. MilkyWay

MilkyWay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So I've had terrible luck with remote starters in my life...But, long story short I noticed that after a day or 2 of having my remote starter the only "AC" I get is when I put it on max cold...If I nudge the dial even a millimeter up it goes to max hot. I also randomly get the brake light on the dash to appear...it will stay on...and then shut off...

Both of these issues magically appeared right after remote starter installation.

Naturally, I believe it is a wiring issue related to improper remote starter installation.

What do you guys think? Have you ever heard of this issue before? Because I called up the techs and they of course say, "That has nothing to do with the installation..That has something to do with your car" which kinda pissed me off.

2. MDNHW11

MDNHW11 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nevermind, I thought I was in the gen 4 forum.

They have left the cabin temp sensor disconnected.

3. MilkyWay

MilkyWay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You think they left cabin temp sensor disconnected? Or is that on the gen 4?

4. MDNHW11

MDNHW11 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yours should have one too.
    I had previously posted a comment that I removed, thus the note.

Sorry for the confusion.