1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Only one power window and no mirrors

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by VFRJonah, Dec 8, 2017.

1. VFRJonah

VFRJonah New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello guys n gals, Hope you're all well.

I've just bought a Gen 2 Prius at a truly rock bottom price, so obviously it has it's issues and I plan to keep it as a long term project. So the first very strange thing is that only one window works (driver's side rear) and there is no noise, clicking, or anything on the others when I press both the driver's switch and the individual switches. I also have no power mirrors, the don't move in any direction. So today I took the drivers's door card off to check if there is voltage going to the motor, tested using orange as ground, and thick green/yellow for up and down while I operated the switch in accessory mode, nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The main switch box on the drivers side may be the issue. If it becomes faulty, it will cause the other locations (even using their own buttons) not to work. You can pick one up online for cheap. Start with the main one. I did this on my son's car, solved the issue. Of course, it may not work for you, but this is my suggestion.

RCO likes this.
  3. VFRJonah

VFRJonah New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    @Montgomery thanks for the reply, so I took the drivers side kick panel off just near the front of the door below the steering wheel and guess what.... one of the block connectors was just hanging there... disconnectedo_O re-connected it and voila! All windows and mirrors fully working, just need to get the door card back on now! (y)

Montgomery, jerrymildred and RCO like this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! all the best.(y)

5. Jeffy

Jeffy New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model: