1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Only unlock driver door with SKS - Australian version

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Berkeloid, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Berkeloid

Berkeloid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all,

Is it possible to change the Gen2 Prius (the version sold in Australia) so that when you put your hand on the driver's door with the SKS key in your pocket, it will only unlock the driver door (or boot) instead of all the doors?

I've done a lot of investigation (including looking through three pages of search results on this forum) and everything only seems to apply to the US version of the car.

The Australian version does not have a panic button on the remote, and the manual is missing the section about changing the unlocking mode that is included in the manual for the US version of the car.

I have tried holding the only two buttons on the remote - lock and unlock - at the same time for 5 seconds, six seconds, 10 seconds, etc. with the car both locked and unlocked, but nothing happens other than the LED on the remote blinking once a second while the buttons are held down.

Does anyone know if the version sold in Australia is able to have this locking mode changed without having to go to a dealer?

If I've missed a post on it here please direct me to where it is, but like I say I have looked and only came across things that applied to the US version of the car.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    try the owners manual at the aus toyota owners website

3. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Also try a 'mini-vci' cable and a copy of techstream.