1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Ontario call to action - Province asking for ideas for Climate Change - Only until Nov 16

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Sarge, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Fellow Ontarians - (and anyone else who wants to impersonate one :))...

In light of cancelling the incentives earlier this year (and likely the resulting backlash), the Province has asked for ‘ideas on key areas of focus’ against climate change... (not sure if the fb link will work, so I will include the direct URL as well);

Consultation: A made-in-Ontario climate change plan | Ontario.ca

I encourage anyone willing to help the cause to click the link and submit ideas. Form is only open until Nov 16.

Help me get incentives reinstated so I can buy a Prime next year! :)

PriusCamper likes this.
  2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Very much appreciate this post!!! It's the reason why hyrbid technology and ultimately electric cars are so essential... I'm currently visiting family in Northern California directly south of the Camp Fire... The body count is up to 42 now... This part of California that burned usually has about 5 inches of rain by this time of year. But with not a drop of rain to speak of this year combined with much hotter winds blowing in from deserts on the other side of the mountains from the Northeast... Another 6,700 homes lost and 18,000 acres burned in just the first handful of hours, now over 100,000 acres burned, a warming planet needs to unite all of humanity to wake up and rapidly address this!

Sarge likes this.
  3. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Thanks for the kind words. Sorry to hear of all the fires in California, we see it on the news and it looks terrible.. Thoughts and prayers to all affected.

bwilson4web and PriusCamper like this.
  4. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It's a terrible kind of tragic when the land, the trees and all who once called it their only rises up into the sky and into your lungs... And perhaps the worse part of this tragedy is that we're literally just getting warmed up for what even bigger calamity happens next!

I've dedicated almost my entire adult life to forest protection and restoration and there's so much dishonesty out their that it's never been a paying career, just volunteer. And while it may be true that I was the primary instigator that saved many an ancient forest back in the 1990's, I'm so burned out on how capitalism treats me like an enemy rather than the friend to the earth that I really am. Hope things will start to shift. I could really use a stable income doing what I love to do most!

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus