1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OooO yay Atkins - too off topic!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Dianne, Jul 1, 2004.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Does it ever not rain in Puget Sound?

And Manny, that pic you got is pretty disturbing as it is. That poor kid looks like you're waving the toenail pliers at him.

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    actually this past spring was the driest spring i have ever seen. we had nearly no rain in Mar and april. in fact we went a period of over 3 weeks without a drop. in normal years, if it didnt rain every day during that time, it usually never went more than 3-4 days without raining.

but we are paying for it now. Kitsap county went on burn ban earlier than ever before. wild fires are up nearly 175% and as i speak we have 2 big ones burning up the recreation areas around some big lakes in the Cascades. they have been burning all week and the area is so dry that the fire becomes less and less contained the more it spreads.

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I started the Atkins diet and then modified it decreasing saturated fat. Talked with one of our local Cardiologists who has come up with a diet he calls the three rule diet or no white at night. Has a small book he published himself and recently expanded it when he found a publisher. It is very similar to the South Beach diet, also done by a Cardiologist, except it adds a permanent restriction of starchy foods at the evening meal. No rice, potato including sweet potato, pasta etc. I find it interesting that two cardiologists frustrated by the diets available to them came up with similar diets. I lost 90 lb. was diabetic and had bad cholesterol, triglycerides and lipoproteins and they are normal. I think that these dies represents the next stage beyond Atkins. Low fat and carbs with a concentration on choosing "good" carbs over bad and "good" fats over bad. Reducing the calories is a consequence of eating this way.