1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Open Letter to Puente Hills Toyota (CA)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by fshagan, Jan 15, 2006.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Here ya go, pick one of these topics:
    Good Toyota/Prius Dealers
    good car, good dealership, good saleman
    Los Angeles area dealers?
    Dealership or Online?
    So Cal dealers Experiences

To point out just a few.

2. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I would say the the vast majority of internet sales departments do NOT follow their example. They are the first I have heard of doing this. Normally, the advantage for the dealer is the internet sales channel pulls in a buyer from just about anywhere who doesn't consume a lot of their time. With my last two vehicles, we were in and out in about 45 minutes.

3. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have found a couple of good dealers, who at least seem like they will do what they say. Ventura Toyota and I have had a few miscommunications, and they were incredibly rude to my wife (they didn't realize that the customers can hear them when they are in the raised-sales-manager platform office in the show room, and my wife overheard the sarcastic remarks. But working with the public we understand the need to blow off steam in order to keep things rolling ... they just need to make sure the customers can't be offended by it). I'll know in about a week if they are on the up and up, when my Silver Pine Mica package 3 comes in.

Good conversations also with Hy at Santa Barbara Toyota; he had a Barcelona Red on Saturday I was heading up to look at when I got the call from Ventura. He also has a Classic Silver Package 3 that is due in around the end of the month that is not spoken for.

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    wow sorry to hear about your experiences and you did the right thing by warning others of what happened. having already had another PriusChatter confirm this makes me think that you have saved someone a lot of headaches.

i feel lucky that my dealer in my town is straight up. Toyota of Olympia... i know... bit of a commute for you...but if you are in the neighborhood...(one minor problem... quality dealerships get a lot of business. they usually have a pretty long waiting list)

5. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wonderful idea. I decided to issue the following letter to the State Attorney General's office since I don't live in Los Angeles County, and therefore don't want to contact the DA there.

6. hngu7721

hngu7721 Junior Member

I had the same experience with Puente Hills Toyota when I was searching for my Prius!

I'd contacted them over the phone and asked to speak with someone in either Fleet or Internet dept, asked about availability and if there were any markups on the car, to which they responded "we don't markup any of our cars". Upon arrival, a total of 4 Prius (3 with chrome wheels) and immediately knew i was duped. When asked about all these add-ons, they tried to tell me that all dealers were doing this, to which I gave him a list of nearby dealers I'd gone to that very same day (all had colors that I didn't want) that were selling MSRP. His attitude after the revelation was very unpleasant and i was immediatly brushed off.

DO NOT GIVE PUENTE HILLS TOYOTA YOUR BUSINESS. THEY ARE UNETHICAL, UNPROFESSIONAL, AND VERY UNPLEASANT TO DEAL WITH. SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ELSEWHERE.

7. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, it certainly looks like a pattern of consumer deception going on. They lure you in with misleading statements, and then apply pressure to get you to agree to the car with the add ons. I think it qualifies as "Bait and Switch", but we'll have to see what the Attorney General's office thinks.

8. jsf

jsf Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Make sure to report this to Toyota Motor Sales, USA in Torrance, CA. They are pretty strict with dealers. A couple of years ago, a LA area Toyota dealer was doing underhanded things. Toyota told them to sell the dealership or Toyota would pull the franchise. They sold, and it's a good dealership now.

9. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That is a good idea. I didn't know where they were located, but I can get the address now that I know the city/state they are in. Thanks!