1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OpenEVSE compatability confirmed for PiP

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by mitch672, Apr 28, 2012.

1. mitch672

mitch672 Technology Geek

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks terry, I have been workng on the OpenEVSE build for several months, the big issue I had was finding the correct box/case to put it in, I finally found a decent one that everything fits in, and has enough space, and is not too big. Also I was delaying buying the J-1772 cable assembly, hoping for lower priced chinese clones, but they are in a similar price range, no $100 cables out there yet..

2. ely105

ely105 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Too bad that the J1772 cable assembly is over 1/2 the total project cost. Guess that's why the commercial products are so expensive. I don't understand what could possibly be so valuable in that assembly tho.

-Mark

3. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    and that would be, the SAE J1772 design/development and the UL and CE approvals for the use in electric powered vehicles of today days. Probably the patents rigths for the manufacturing of the electrical connector assembly.