Operation Spare Tire

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-Current)' started by Marine Ray, May 15, 2021.

1. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Level 3 & 3 Touring had the spare too.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  2. Ovation

Ovation Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Base
    Just bought a wheel and tire today. Had an issue last week (exacto blade pierced the front right tire and I was in a rural area 175km from home but fortunately close enough to a small town garage willing to repair the tire with a proper patch just before closing time). Weather was awful and I didn’t want to be stranded if the goop didn’t work. Have a long trip planned for Thursday to Tuesday in mostly rural areas, so picking up the full size spare tomorrow. Will keep the goop handy for worst case scenario of multiple flats (had that happen to me back in the 80s). Will use @Salamander_King’s storage method. 150$ CDN tax in for tire and wheel (mounted and balanced) is a small price to pay for piece of mind.

Marine Ray likes this.
  3. burrito

burrito Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You might drive on the good one and keep the patched one as a spare.

4. Ovation

Ovation Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Base
    I bought the cheapest generic no name for a spare, so I’ll take my chances with the patch. My mechanic of the past 17 years inspected the repair and pronounced it safe and an excellent job. Good enough for me.