1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Operation Volvo Seats in a prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by problemchild, Apr 10, 2008.

1. dukecharmary

dukecharmary New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My '08 pkg 5 hasn't got here yet. I plan to add katskin leather shortly after it comes in. I am doing some searching for a possible seat change out. Does anyone have the H/W/D dimensions of the OEM seat back and bottom so I can use as a ruler as to what might fit? Or what is the max size allowable? I sure like those Volvo seats, kinda tranforms it into a baby Lexus....

2. problemchild

problemchild New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Save your money. The katskin wont change the shape and make them more comfortable.

3. mrblaise

mrblaise Go Lakers!!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Many leather installer companies will trim the padding thereby changing the shape and add gel inserts and other options. I know people who have done that and they love their "new" seats. Changing the seats altogether may be a good option, though it's not the only option.

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Look what I found! :D

[​IMG]

Volvo S60 2005 8-Way All-Electric, Heated Leather seats! Three hundred dollars and in excellent shape, unfortunately the front airbags have been triggered so they had to cut the seatbelt's to get out. Those shouldn't be to hard to replace right? Will begin work on the conversion today hope to have them done in about a week. Got welder, grinder, cutter just wish I had more electrical IQ. Will probably start another thread called Operation Volvo Seats in a Prius Part II and do a bit of documentation with plenty of pictures. Who do I talk to or where do I go about the electrical, i.e. power seats, air bags etc etc.?

Wildkow

p.s. I'm giddy, the drive down to Fontana was pure torture I vow never to sit in another Stock Prius seat again!!! :D

Attached Files:

5. zcat3

zcat3 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    FWIW those seats look to be identical to the seats in my 2004 Volvo XC70.

My favorite car seats have to be the ones in my 2000 E39 BMW M5. Every time my wife drives and I get to be a passenger, I feel like I am in luxury business class. Can one of you get those to fit in a Prius?

6. problemchild

problemchild New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

New cars are almost always salvaged. New seats are very hard to come by and very expensive. The new cost of a volvo seat is almost $8,000 dollars for one seat.

7. Fried Rice

Fried Rice Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I am growing tired of my less than comfortable OEM Prius seats. I drive an 09 package 4. I don't have power seats.

Is the wiring harness present in all Prius models (even a Prius that doesn't have power seats) to connect to Volvo power seats?

I haven't been out to the garage to crawl around my Prius. Any concerns over male and female seat belt ends between a Prius and a Volvo? I am assuming the female seat belt end is separate from the seat and is a non-issue doing a seat swap.

Are there more posts on Volvo seat swaps on this forum? I have done some searches, but haven't come up with anything yet.

Fried Rice

8. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    1. very cool mod. i can just tolerate the cheap stock seats and am far too lazy to change them.
    2. airbags?!?? we don't need no stinkin' airbags!!!
    personally, sidebags are the last thing i'd worry about if i did a seat swap. i guess all the weenies that posted about airbags wouldn't be caught dead on a motorcycle...

9. sidecar

sidecar Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    interesting idea, I dont have side air bags anyways.
    pitty it got chopped up by serial loons that probably have no idea anyway