1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OPT7 FLUXBEAM LED Headlight Kit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Nakamoto, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Nakamoto

Nakamoto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  2. Toppcat

Toppcat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Led has special projector design for them, as well as hid and xeon.

3. Nakamoto

Nakamoto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    can i replace the housing with LED projecter lens without replace the headlights housing assembly?

4. Toppcat

Toppcat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I have never seen retrofit kit for leds! Led come on prius series 5! I have seen 3 and 4 sided high powered led replacement bulbs w transformer one time on amazon.

5. Nakamoto

Nakamoto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    it cost quite a fair bit to replace the OEM halogen assembly with the LED version, will also need a JDM adapter cabling for the conversion.

6. Vman455

Vman455 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes--I'm doing this right now, in fact. Retrofitting hybrid Corolla/Murano LED projectors into the stock halogen housings.

[​IMG]

7. Silvertn350

Silvertn350 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I recently purchased and installed an OPT7 55W H11 5,000K HID kit in my 2013 and I am absolutely in love with it. Comparing this kit to my halogens is like night and day, I am thinking about writing a full review install . Purchased from this link for $69.99 shipped and includes the relay harness to pull power from battery and anti-error capacitors. Great value might be something to look into vs the LED.

OPT7 AC 55W H11 HID Kit w Relay Harness Bundle ¦ All Xenon Light Colors | eBay

8. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I installed the 35w OPT7 5000k HID kit in my Camry. I made my own dual relay HID harness (wanted 14 awg wires).

9. Nakamoto

Nakamoto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow! how are you going to retrofit that?

10. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    s2kinfinite likes this.
  11. Toppcat

Toppcat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    shopping.jpg 3 sided led would yield a better light patern vs 2 led. If you can find similar product for your application it would be a plug and play project, vs retrofitting which I don't recommend unless you have it professionally done!

12. Vman455

Vman455 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Even a three-sided LED is going to have the same issues with light distribution because of the discrete nature of the LEDs versus a filament. And having done the retrofit, I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone. This was my first attempt at retrofitting a headlight, and it was very doable, with basic tools, and great results.

My advice, take it or leave it: I tried plug-and-play LED bulbs before deciding to do this retrofit. Simply put, they suck. The distance lighting is horrible, and they put out significantly more light through the squirrel finder than halogens (which will manifest as glare to oncoming drivers). The LED projectors are head and shoulders above in output, color, and cutoff, meet FMVSS regulations, and use significantly less energy to boot. Don't waste your money like I did; do it right, or leave it stock.

Starbrand likes this.
  13. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hi there! I'm interested in possibly installing the OPT7 kit on my 2012 Plug-in Prius. Can you tell me where/how you did the power hook-up to the battery and if you included the capacitors in your install? thanks

14. Silvertn350

Silvertn350 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Hey bud!
    Sure thing, so first yes I installed the capacitors on my install. One was originally not functioning but they sent me a replacement within a few days and the whole setup is working great. For the power to my relay , I removed the ring terminal and installed a push-on type electrical connector. The fuse box is located on the driver side close to the fender, within the fuse box are 2 not used spots that you can easily just push on the electrical connector. Securely run the wire out the box and BAM! Done. For reference the first picture in this thread:
    DDM, HID 55W 8000K or 6000K w/relay harness questions | PriusChat

Where the 2 red wires are connected, I used one of those. Hope this helps bud , have a good one.

randalla likes this.
  15. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks, I've gone ahead and ordered the kit. We'll see how it goes!

Silvertn350 likes this.