1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Optima Battery Promotion - Free Maintainer

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by KhaPhoRa, Apr 6, 2014.

1. KhaPhoRa

KhaPhoRa Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If you're needing a new 12v battery and optima is an option you would choose, April looks like a good month to buy one:

During the month of April 2014, buy any new OPTIMA® Batteries REDTOP®, YELLOWTOP® or BLUETOP® 12 Volt Battery* and receive your choice of a FREE Digital400 12V Performance Maintainer or 50% OFF Digital1200
    12V Performance Charger

Check the rules, it has to be an authorized retailer which they sort of detail here:

Who is Authorized To Sell OPTIMA Batteries? | OPTIMABATTERIES

iPhone ?

2. KhaPhoRa

KhaPhoRa Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If you buy from Advance Auto Parts there is a coupon for $50 off as well, TRT30 puts my cost at $204 after taxes, $18 core charge and $3 battery fee (really, Texas?), I'll keep looking to see if I can do better.

Amazon:
    Some people say Amazon is NOT an authorized seller but there is this on the bottom of the amazon page that indicates they are (just make sure it says "Ships and Sold by Amazon") Current price there is $147 with free shipping.

Warranty, Parts: Optima warrants to the original purchaser that this battery is free of defects in material and workmanship for a 36 month replacement period when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. If a replacement is necessary due to a defect in materials and/or workmanship the battery will be replaced free of charge, within the free replacement period from date of original purchase. Please contact Amazon Customer Service with your warranty claim. For purchases from Amazon Merchant sellers please contact the seller

3. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sure, now they go on sale......:rolleyes:

Curiously, using the search function on the US Optima dot com site doesn't seem to list a Prius under the available models, for any year of Toyota. And yet, there's an ad elsewhere on the site specifically aimed at Prius owners, highlighting the battery that I understood was designed for this car. Sounds to me like somebody's web page needs a little tweaking.

4. KhaPhoRa

KhaPhoRa Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yeah, I noticed that too, but its a lot cheaper to buy elsewhere anyway. Amazon is definitely an authorized reseller (despite some of the reviews stating otherwise) and the prius specific battery is definitely included in the promotion. If you go to OPTIMA® Batteries April 2014 National Promotion and click on redeem, for battery selection the prius battery is there (yellowtop ds46b24R) and amazon.com is one of the choices for purchase location. Just make sure (if you buy from Amazon) that it says "Ships and Sold by Amazon."

5. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    One other caveat to note is that this offer is only available in the USA.

6. vince3151

vince3151 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I"m about to order this battery on Amazon for $147.05 Can anyone confirm it's a direct replacement with no modifications for a 2008 Touring pkg 6?

I did schedule an appointment at the dealer tomorrow, but after reading Priuschat, YouTube and doing a dry run on my car there is no way I"m going
    to pay the stealership.

My Prius has 180k, original 12v battery (6yrs) I figured my luck will run out soon enough. I will let them check the brakes and flush the ICE coolant instead.

7. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    yes it's a direct fit, no mods

8. vince3151

vince3151 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thank you. I ask because when I called my local Toyota dealers parts dept they said there where several battery models dependent on the accessories you car has like keyless entry and such.

9. vince3151

vince3151 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm at the dealer right now getting brake work done, so I asked for a quote for a 12v installed. They quoted $289.00. Looks like I'll save $140.00 for one hour of my time.

10. KhaPhoRa

KhaPhoRa Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Okay I just received my battery from Amazon and I submitted my request online. Within minutes I received an email from optima that my submission was approved, so prius / amazon are both confirmed okay. The digital 400 12v performance maintainer enhancer superfier thinger™ will be here in 8-10 weeks.. Just in time to forget that it's coming so I'll be suprised.

brain ?

CatsAreGods likes this.