1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Optima D51 vent tube replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mickey223, Jan 12, 2015.

1. mickey223

mickey223 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I purchased the kit to convert to the optima battery 4 years ago for my 08 prius. After a deer vs. car accident, the cars battery completely drained and I had to replace the battery. Since I had the full size post connectors, I purchased another optima D51. Everything was switched out, but the vent tube hole in the new optimus is larger and the plug wont fit.

Anyone else had this problem? Where can I get a replacement? Searching on the web has not yielded any results on vent tube replacement for optima batteries?>

Thank you,

Mike

2. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Optima often tape the adapter between cells on the underside of there batteries where it cannot easily be seen.

John (Britprius)

3. mickey223

mickey223 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No go, took the battery out and nothing there. Weird thing is the old battery had a hole on both sides with a plug on the negative side and the original elbow fit the positive side. Then new battery is solid on the negative side, and has a 10mm hole with a slot at about the 2 oclock position at the positive side.