1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Option 8 leather

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base Articles Discussion' started by Cameron, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Cameron

Cameron New Member

I know there has been some discussion regarding leather seats, option 8, NW package. However, of all the pictures I’ve seen here and elsewhere, I still haven’t figured out why some leather has the perforations (small hole pattern) and some leather seats do not have the perforations. Has Toyota changed the material in mid-stream and is it real leather?

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Factory leather has only been available on the Prius beginning with the ‘06 model year. The perforated leather is OEM. All other types of leather are port, dealer or aftermarket installations.

3. Cameron

Cameron New Member

Oh, so even thought I've ordered option 8, leather, I'm going to be surprised when my baby finally arrives. OEM leather, port leather or dealer leather. I can't stand the suspense.

Thanks, They can because they think they can.

4. drmanny3

drmanny3 Member

On our 05 we had leather added. On our 06 it came factory installed. The perforated leather feels softer and is more comfortable than the solid leather. One aspect that I did not like was that the center console and the four arm rests were not leather but leather 'like'. I found a place that does the aftermarket leather and they replaced this with real leather. It cost me about $200 but was worth it given leather's feel and texture.

Manny

5. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    DRmanny3- any recommendations for the armrests in OC that you would not mind sharing with the OC Prius group?

6. cmburke7

cmburke7 New Member

I just got my 06 Prius today, I requested Options package 8, but only received package 7. The dealer told me they weren't offering package 8 (leather) yet, but could install it after market, I declined. Anyone else have this same problem? I can't complain though, I was expecting an 8 month wait and got it in 9 weeks.

7. Miss_Taz

Miss_Taz New Member

Sounds to me like your dealer probably happened to have a similar car to what you wanted, minus the leather, and told you a story! He may have wanted to sell and deliver what was readily available to him instead of using up his order allocation on an almost identical car...

Our dealer told us that there are VERY FEW package #8's coming out of Japan UNLESS THEY ARE PRE-ORDERED.

So this dealer likely had that car already allocated when you came to buy; otherwise, he would not have been able to deliver so fast!

I insisted on pkg #8, and so I am waiting the 2-3 months for it to be built...

For me, it's worth the wait. I already have an 05 without the leather, and I really want it this time around.

Hope you enjoy your new car!

8. drmanny3

drmanny3 Member

OK if you want leather added to the center console and the arm rests contact James Quach at Skyline Seating Incorporated. They are located in Westminister, CA. I drove in and they removed the pieces and then I came back several hours later and they installed them back in. 714-898-4119. Tell them that Power Toyota in Irvine recommended them. They do a lot of business with Toyota.

Manny

9. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cmburke7 @ Mar 25 2006, 01:07 AM) [snapback]229920[/snapback]</div>
    That sounds like BS. I picked up my #8 on the first of this month after waiting for a couple of months after ordering it. Don't take it from them...they're just trying to get that car off the lot--probably after someone cancelled a buy.

Regarding the holes in the seat...one can only conclude that they allow certain "gasses" to vent from the seat after you leave the car. :lol:

10. samoan_ridah

samoan_ridah New Member

I am looking for a place to re-upholster my seats. I think I'll give Skyline Seating Incorporated a call.

Thanks.

11. Cameron

Cameron New Member

I received my Prius yesterday with the factory gray leather. the option is not as lush as my Saab or Jeep but it will do just fine. I'm sure Torota will beef up their seats soon enough. Heated, powered, lumbar adjustment and more. By the way, the seats are perforated for better venting.

What an amazing machine. :)

12. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Anyone know who/where the best leather installers are in the Chiagoland area?
    Prices with/without heat?

Ha anyone seen natural brown or tan leather in a silver? Other suggest options besides sterile looking light grey or hot, sun absorbing black?

13. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    wow.. 2-3 month wait for an order? I ordered mine on 15th Sept and I got it on 25th Oct.

No package 8? BS. They probably want you to get a 7 then have a dealer install the leather and then charge you and make a profit off it.

14. brasche

brasche Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(drmanny3 @ Mar 22 2006, 04:50 PM) [snapback]228607[/snapback]</div>
    Manny, do you know what coverings are truely leather and which ones are alternative material. I noticed the the 06 seat back pockets were foam backed, was the center console covering foam backed? Thanks, Brian

BTW, Yes, I recognize the engine compartment!