1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Orange County DA Sues Toyota Over Problems

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Mar 12, 2010.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Did they hire the 'problem' lawyer?

Bob Wilson

2. equake

equake Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Where is John Edwards in all this? Oh I forgot he is being indicted for fraud and conspiracy.

3. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  4. a1a1a1

a1a1a1 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Nothing here folks, just another abusive disgrace of our political justice system by a publicity hound local D.A. named Tony Rackauckas (ala Jim Garrison style). It's no less abusive than charging someone in a car accident with murder, which happens a lot more often than people would think. I'm no defender of Toyota, but this is a circus.

It does speak very loudly and clearly to one point, though: The federal government has shirked its responsibility for enforcing its own safety laws and regulations. After being emasculated during the last two administrations, the NHTSA is a ghost of itself and a pushover for industry lobbyists. They neither have the funding, technical expertise nor political backing to make the big calls for public safety. Their absence during the last decade has created a giant vacuum to be filled by the slimy likes of Rackauckas.

Not to be outdone, Rackauckas slithered out of his own brush with indictment over weird spending practices and friendly special favors that emanated from the OC District Attorney's office over the past decade-plus of his tenure. (Our District Attorney Needs an Attorney - Page 1 - News - Orange County - OC Weekly) It's a hotbed of corruption in that stiff-upper-lip conservative bastion down there, having seen the Sheriff removed from office after a conviction of embezzlement, other top law enforcement officials imprisoned over witness tampering and of course the BK filing by the County just over the past couple decades.

As for the Toyota situation, the feds need to pursue the case a tad bit better than has been done so far. My feeling is that the local cases all will be combined into a federal lawsuit at some point.

The OC case is inappropriate grandstanding.

5. Silver bullit

Silver bullit Right Lane Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can I assume that the election for Orange County district attorney is coming up soon? Speaking of grandstanding the Duke University La Crosse team might have something to say about that.

6. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Under what theory? Are you referring to the pending class action suit for diminished value? :confused: Or???? If OC decides to pursue a criminal action, that generally proceeds separately from a Federal criminal action, due to separate laws being violated.

7. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    maybe L.A. is just protecting themselves from employee lawsuits just in case one has a accident with a prius

8. priushippie

priushippie New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Re: Orange County DA Threatens Suit against Toyota

Just thought I would bring up this scumbucket DA again! Hey DA why don't you sue me you piece of crap!

9. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: Orange County DA Threatens Suit against Toyota

The Orange County DA is just a PUTZ, all he wants is to build a name for himself so a lot of morons will vote for him in some upcoming stupid election for a position he is not qualified for!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  10. EZW1

EZW1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    This guy is an overgrown abulence chaser.:tsk:

11. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    nah, in CA, workers comp regulations are so over the top favorable towards business owners as of 3 or 4 years ago ... you'd do better to drag yourself home with a femur bone sticking out ... and claim it happened at home so you can use your personal insurance.

12. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Are you serious? A company I was part of 3 years ago had an employee file a workers comp claim for 'carpal tunnel syndrome'. The company retained the top expert in carpal tunnel syndrome in the S.F. bay area to evaluate and their diagnosis was that it wasn't carpal tunnel. The workers comp appeal board went with the carpal tunnel diagnosis (which was made by a local physician's assistant that had no training in diagnosing and treating carpal tunnel). :confused:

Between the bullsh*t surgery for a non-existent carpal tunnel syndrome + rehab and wage continuation during the rehab period, I seem to recall a $15,000 tab, which then boosted the workers comp coverage rate that was applied to the entire company payroll, which ended up costing far more than a $15,000 increment.