1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ordered my new v2 yesterday!

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by mudmanrv, Jun 5, 2012.

1. mudmanrv

mudmanrv Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    After careful deliberation and thought about features, cost, etc...
    and ofcourse all of the valued input here at PriusChat ....

I chose the v2. magnetic grey, dark int. carpet mats, mud guards, and rear bumper aplique.
    car price 26300.

I have a droid phone and tablet, and thought that the google nav/maps were fine, though i rarely travel needing turn by turn directions. and when adjusted properly - the base level stereo - sounded quite nice. decent bass at low volume - etc.

I don't use or have a need for sattelite radio either - since i'm not a traveling salesman...etc.

comparing numbers to my blazer (s-10 style) ... the v is the same cargo space...wheelbase is actually 1.5 inches longer - though overall length is 1.5 shorter. my blazer at 20mpg - this at combined 42 ... the fuel savings will help offset the payment by half!.

can't wait -

the dealer had a grey with light interior, and could dealer trade for a bp with dark int. but after thought - the bp would show more bug splatter and road grime than the grey - and winter visibility (safety concious) the grey will stand out more.

looking forward to makeing the move.

might I add - since my dad had been a GM mechanic for over 40 years ...

This is my first non-gm car.
    This is my first hybrid car...
    and this is my first NEW car .... all others were off-lease type purchases.

looking forward to a couple mods - maybe at some point, adding fogs, or "driving" lights...in the fogs place.... and maybe mod the shifter to a button style similar to the standard mod - if one comes available.

in the meantime - i'll keep reading and learning...