1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ordered the Dension ice>Link

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by idreamofboost, Dec 12, 2005.

1. thejq

thejq Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LurkAzusa @ Jun 15 2006, 06:09 PM) [snapback]271922[/snapback]</div>
    I listen to mp3 tagged with Chinese characters all the time. Both the ipod and MFD show "....". But this doesn't affect the songs, and English is displayed when English songs are played without resetting. When not connected to the ice>link, the ipod shows the correct Chinese characters.

2. LurkAzusa

LurkAzusa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Do you have the problem with the system needing to be reset by unplugging the power from the ice-link?

If not, that pretty much eliminates that as a reason.

The reason why I am pursuing this, is that on another firmware product for an mp3 player, they ran into problems with it locking up the player when imbedded album art or odd characters were found in the tag cache. May be unrelated, but eerily similar.

3. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Ok, I just got a reponse from Dension. They said the could replace my ice>link Plus with DICE. Now I gotta read up what's the difference between the two.

You guys get any response from them yet?

4. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScottY @ Jun 20 2006, 10:05 AM) [snapback]274047[/snapback]</div>
    I haven't gotten a replay on my last support ticket that I submitted on June 15th.

Tell me more about what they said about replacing your ice>Link Plus with DICE and how you got them to say that.

5. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marlin @ Jun 20 2006, 02:22 PM) [snapback]274165[/snapback]</div>
    In my email, I said that I am disappointed at their support after I purchase their product. And if I still do not get an response, I will let everybody I know not to purchase their product and return it.

Today I received an email from them asking me to call them and a sales rep will help me to get it replace with DICE. So I called during my lunch break, the sales person first want to confirm that I got it from an authorized dealer (I got it from enfigcarstereo.com, and they are an authorized dealer). Then she asked me what's the problem, I told her that it locks up multiple times and need to un-plug it to have it reset. I also told her that I emailed their support email and they said I could get it replaced. She told me that she will forward my message to a technical support person and they will call me back. Have not heard back from them yet!

Crossing my fingers.... :unsure:

6. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Update

I called them today again (1-888-DICE-999 ext. 121) since they have not called me back. The sales rep said she will send an RMA number to my email. I will have to return the iceLink> Plus unit to them and they will replace it with a DICE ipod kit.

7. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Update

Dension finally sent out the replacement DICE unit for my ice>Link. I got an email today from UPS with tracking number.

You guys have any luck getting your ice>Link replaced?

8. DavidTO

DavidTO New Member

Do you all know if the dashboard disassembly instructions posted here for the '04 would apply to the'06?

9. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, i believe they do. for the most part, disassembly goes as follows: Grab plastic cover, give a sharp jerk, and remove from dash. start with air vent trim, then move onto the bigger pieces.