1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ordering vs being on "THE LIST"

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by turboboy, May 27, 2008.

1. nisim5

nisim5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have ordered my '08 Prius (package2) 5 weeks ago and was told that it would take 6-8 weeks. So far I haven't heard anything back from the dealer. So my questions is... when they say 6-8 weeks, do they mean 6-8 weeks??

BTW, love the forum!!!!

2. Cornsevs

Cornsevs New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey, I'm in NY also and am waiting (only 1 week so far!). Where did you order your Prius?

3. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    what they mean is 6-8 weeks to never

4. Testm0nkey

Testm0nkey New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    So I ordered my 08 package 3 on May 30th. I "ordered" my car directly through a dealership here in Houston. To that point they seemed really helpful and nice. They gave me an estimated 9 week wait and have my $500 deposit. They said NOTHING about the car being an 09'. But I don't want to wait 9 weeks for an 08 when I can wait 9 weeks for an 09.

Are they scamming me? Do I just need to tell them I want an 09 then?

5. nisim5

nisim5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I ordered my car at Lee's Toyota in Queens (Hillside Ave in Jamaica). It's been 6 weeks yesterday, spoke to my dealer today and he has no update. Could be another 6 weeks for all we know. I am getting a little annoyed to say the least. On top of all that, I already sold my other car so its getting quite difficult. Will post of any other developments. Does anyone know where i can buy the car in NY area without the wait? thanks all.