1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

original head unit wiring

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Aaron wolfe, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Aaron wolfe

Aaron wolfe New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Five
    I'm looking at installing a new doubled din head unit in my no JBL amplifier, gen two, 2011 prius and cant seem to find a simple wiring diagram anywhere online. I need to know which wire is for what so I can wire the new head unit appropriately. any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

2. Rational

Rational Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Same here. Will search though and share if I find one.

I'm also about to upgrade my entire audio system in my 2007 2nd gen xw20. Not JBL. Current stereo went quiet/shrill three months ago. :(

Just bought a new Mekede M6Pro Plus 2k screen double din head unit with 8gb ram and 256 gb of onboard storage. Nice android head unit!

But want to document and understand all the current wiring connections on the stock head unit first even though I bought a wiring kit with canbus adapter. That way I can trace things if they aren't working correctly or doing what I need.

I also bought the Axxess converter box unit and steering wheel controls but am not sure if I'll use them or the canbus box and kit I ordered with the head unit.

Either way the stock wiring would be good to know.

#2 Rational, Apr 22, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
  3. Rational

Rational Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Oh, and one method to find stuff is to search google, etc. images and follow links that way:

prius xw20 wiring diagram - Bing images

prius xw20 audio stereo wiring diagram - Google Search