1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Original Prius Owner Still In Love Today

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by ewxlt66, Jun 17, 2013.

1. ewxlt66

ewxlt66 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    JMD and Silver bullit like this.
  2. Silver bullit

Silver bullit Right Lane Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good post. I have mine for 4.5 yrs with zero problems.

3. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    7 accidents are enough to send any car to it's grave, but I would have enjoyed reading how much the author is willing to spend on the battery to keep the car on the road.

4. walter Lee

walter Lee Hypermiling Padawan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My 1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr automatic was still running 20 years - but it was rusting from the inside out because of less than perfect body shop repairs after multiple accidents. The rust doesn't show up until about 6 or so years after the accident... For my Accord it didn't start to show up until about the 14th year ( about 7 years after my first major accident - one of several accidents ). If you want to keep a motor vehicle looking *like new* for a long time - don't get into any major traffic accident that requires a trip to the body shop. :rolleyes: Four years after installing a replacement third party rear bumper, the paint started to peel off of it. Consumer watchdog groups don't track auto repair long enough to observe the consequences of using lesser quality inexpensive body parts - so it doesn't show up in their local rating system. :whistle: :coffee:

5. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I came up behind a 1st Generation Prius the other day. I did a double take just for a second when I saw the Prius name on the trunk of a small sedan. I guess I just associate "Prius" with the 2nd and 3rd generation look.

6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    one of my work buddies bought my next door neighbors' generation 1 prius and after 150,000 miles he had to replace the traction pack. Seems it cost him a little over $2000 - and he's never looked back. The 11 year old car is worth little for resale with a bad pack ... And yet throwing a couple grand will yield him a ton of economical transportation miles for not too much money - compared to tossing the car and buying a newer one.

telmo744 likes this.
  7. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Absolutely, $2k investment in an otherwise car in good shape is a wise move. It's the "in an otherwise" aspect that can be difficult to sort out.

8. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    We bought our first Prius used, a 2003 with 49,000 miles that now has just under 160,000 miles and would share these thoughts:
    Bob Wilson