1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Orlando: 2 men caughts stealing 30 Cats

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by edthefox5, Feb 15, 2022.

1. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Florida:

Imagine how stupid cutting off 30 cats in one parking lot.

Just one guy cutting cats off and one wheel man so must be Toyota/Ford pickup trucks no jack up needed. Your taking your life in your hands doing that down here on some guys truck they'll come out blasting.

I have heard a cat being stolen off a car once in a NC hotel parking lot while I was staying in that hotel.

It is incredibly loud to sawzall off a cat. Woke me right up.
    Woke everyone up. But I was the only one who bothered to get out of bed and look. 4AM. I knew what that sound was.

They got 2 cats in that parking lot then. One on my side parking lot the other cat on the other side. And another from the hotel next door. All trucks.

Sweat these guys and find out where there laying them off.

2 men arrested after stealing 30 catalytic converters Universal Orlando area, police say (msn.com)

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    will the punishment (if any) deter?

3. John321

John321 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I do hope they are punished. They are wise to stick in big cities where they have more vehicles.

Also this provides an opportunity to solve this problem semi-permanently- they tell who they are selling these to or get maximum sentence. Then once their dealer is identified he must tell who they sell them to or get maximum sentence and so on until this network is completely disrupted. The chance of someone putting in the work to make this disruption happen is probably not very good.

I suspect if they try to expand their operation into rural areas their lifespans will be considerable shortened.

#3 John321, Feb 15, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2022